PDA

View Full Version : Hey Gunned Down Atrocity...

MonkeySlap Too
07-25-2002, 12:46 PM
What kind of Pukulan do you play? Pukulan arts are a part of the Kun Tao I practice, and it is part of the full name of my favorite Silat style 'Poekolan Pentjak Silat Serak'.

Generally Pukulan is associated with Dutch-Indos as thier rough and tumble street techniques. What's your background?

Water Dragon
07-25-2002, 01:24 PM
We play Pokemon style as well. In fact, my son is a Pokemon master.

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-25-2002, 01:34 PM
to be completely honest with you i know absolutely nothing about the history of my art. i have looked into it occasionally on the web, but my sifu has no interest in it. i can't even remember his sifu's name ... little indonesion dude. as i have said before he's kinda like a traditional mixed martial artist. he does pukulan, wudang, juijitsu, and incorporates a bunch of other stuff like boxing and muitai he picked up here and there. as much as he talks about the art not being only for fighting it definately seems to be his main interest.

from what i have been reading it sounds much more like the system you just mentioned. another thing i found interesting is that my school's motto is written behind the guy in that pick . .. "my body is my weapon." at my level im not working with pukulan as much as wudang, but from what i have been seeing it looks like a fluent muithai. up on the balls of the feet and very in close fighting. most of what i have learned has been quick, easily rearranged combos, that involve a lot of elbows, uppercut like palm strikes, and knees that kind of pop up (dont know how else to describe it but its a little differant than the other ways i have learned to throw knees / usually they are in rappid succession breaking downt the opponents legs). everything is real tight and in your face. like i said though, i haven't worked with it as much as some of the advanced students, so i might be missing some very important distinctions on the style.

i'm gonna have to ask sifu about it when i get back to class, but unfortunately im not sure when that will be. probably a couple months unless i handle sh it better than everyone else i talked to.

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-26-2002, 01:10 PM
i guess my answer was worse than i thought. :(

MonkeySlap Too
07-26-2002, 01:59 PM
GDA - I don't understand? Why is your answer 'worse than you thought?'

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-26-2002, 02:00 PM
the lack of responce.

MonkeySlap Too
07-26-2002, 02:17 PM
Oh. Sorry. I wasn't sure there was a need to respond. I'm just curious what you are practicing. It is very hard to tell from a description. The use of wu dang and poekolon together gives me an idea of from where your school originates.

Let me know when you find out.

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-26-2002, 03:12 PM
see . .. i knew my description sucked *sobs* fu ck it

i'll let you know, but like i said it might be a while.