PDA

View Full Version : William Cheung/Emin Bozetepe

toddbringewatt
07-26-2002, 09:28 AM
I read recently in a Kung Fu magazine that Emin Bozetepe called out William Cheung on a challenge, counted to three then took him successfully to the floor in front of a live audience.

Did this really happen? Anyone with a reliable source on this?

Also, anyone with reliable sources on the question of whether or not William Cheung was exclusively and secretly taught the only "unmodified" system of Wing Chun by Yip Man and told to keep it a secret unil Yip Man died?

red5angel
07-26-2002, 09:32 AM
Todd, check out Mcdojo.com they have some of the footage, it isnt very impressive, they both go to the ground, Cheung struggling to not get hit, boztepe struggling to land a blow.....

MonkeyBoy
07-26-2002, 09:38 AM
That's an interesting edit, you do not see the start nor the conclusion to the encounter.

żGo figure?

red5angel
07-26-2002, 09:45 AM
Well that is one of the contentions about all the videos that have been released, you never see the beginning or the end just some choice pieces......
Either way they both look really bad on that video, I wouldnt want it to get out if I were in it......

Pien San Kune
07-26-2002, 10:17 AM
why do you think they dont show the beginning and the end of the fight, huh???!!!

it would be embarrasing for some guys...

I've seen a couple of videos like that, and they'r all the same...

Sihing73
07-26-2002, 10:31 AM
Hello,

This topic is full of potential problems. I will be closing the thread to avoid any such trouble. The whole affair is one of politics and ego.

Suffice it to say that this incident occurred over ten years ago and was a sad day for the Wing Chun world as a whole. The event proved nothing and both sides will tell you that they actually won and provide plenty of details as to why. Rather than continuing to rehash this topic lets discuss the art and work towards unity and brotherhood rather than the same divisive behaviour as has plagued us in the past.

Peace,

Dave