PDA

View Full Version : Any one heard of this school?

Skarbromantis
07-28-2002, 03:48 PM
Chung Wah Kung Fu (http://www.chungwahkungfu.com/index2.htm)

Im seriously thinking of checking it out, its in Toronto, has anyone trained/visited/heard of this school?

Click on Shaolin Program

The web site states that the master has a mandate from the Abbot to promote the genuine Shaolin arts in Canada and that they are the only legitimate and authorized source of instruction for this program in Canada.

Click on the bottom of the page to view the program.

Any info would truly help.

Thanks

Skard1

carly
12-23-2002, 01:58 PM
Chi Wai knows his stuff. I don't care about the Shaolin temple stuff, though.

templefist
12-23-2002, 04:10 PM
$100 a month for only 1.5 class hours a week. This guy may have good fu and all, but that doesnt sound worth it to me.

Templefist

kai men
12-23-2002, 09:48 PM
You dont understand...they teach the chi kung created by Bodhidharma !!!
(yes, and in Wudang they teach the tai chi created by Chang San Feng)
God save us all...I sometimes wonder how true, good teachers still tell us this kind of baby tales.
kindest regards
horacio

Tainan Mantis
12-23-2002, 10:02 PM
Mantis108,
This guy, on his gallery, is doing TaijiPM's Muyunzhang.
He learned some in HK, do you know of him?

shaolin_guy
12-24-2002, 09:28 AM
I'm probably going to try out this school too. As for the cost...yeah the Shaolin program is about $100/month, or $900/year if paid in the first 3 months. Still not that ridiculous when compared to some other schools. However, I did go visit the school, and for the regular program it's only $60/month for two classes a week. Again, maybe not the cheapest but coming from TKF like myself this sounds like a bargain! =)

I've also spoken via email to a student of Lee Chi Wai's in Germany. He trained with Chi Wai at the shaolin temple, so it appears he's legit. However, I'm not totally sure just how much of the actual training Chi Wai does himself...the impression I got was he comes in now and then to mostly make corrections and things. I imagine this is fairly common for a master with more than one school? At least he is around "some" of the time.

carly
12-24-2002, 12:48 PM
but his chung wah regular program teaches good kung fu.
He did study with CCK in HK. He makes his students learn a lot of forms from a lot of systems.
He's a good sifu, though, and he knows his stuff.
he is particularly good at PM, Wing Chun sticky hands, northern kicking style, and his family style.