PDA

View Full Version : More testimonials of people's dealings with Jim Lacy's FRAUD!

feldor
07-25-2001, 04:18 PM
Here is another prime example of someone dealing with Jim Lacy and his manipulative con game.

I am posting at the request of Grandmaster Doo Wai.

Enjoy,
Charles
Bak Fu Pai

I like many others purchased a Lacy tape from Panther, his #2 on Chi Kung. I am a 10 yr. vetern of traditional Shorinji Kempo, the first thing I noticed was how improper his posture was. This was my first clue. Then I watched and listened to his breathing, further more he never really clarified ANY of the important aspects of Chi Kung. He showed postures, gave breath combinations. That didn't seem like too much of a "Grandmaster" to me. Then I looked him up on the net.

I e-mailed Jim and looked over his page, some fairly interesting stuff, but again something was missing. Again, not to bost, but I've been in and around lineaged martial arts since age 11, and in came his talk about herbs. He requested ASTRONOMICAL amounts of coin for herbs. I know that it doesn't cost that much to get the herbs to make jow.

Then Jim e-mails me back, offering to sell me videos of Doo Wai performing a series of excercises. I found that awefully strange. Selling tapes of your teacher, I wouldn't do that, provided that they were given to me as a gift.

He tells me to phone him, so I do. He talked to me on the phone about the most unrealted stuff and never let me finish a sentence! It was very frustrating. Then he tries to sell me a whole TON of videos. I was honestly quite content studying the tape I bought from panther, a weak foundation doesn't build a good home. Then he tells me I only need to do the meditations ONCE then I can move on, and buy more stuff . . .

I knew then, this man is a fake. It takes a long time to master anything, and either he was just a horrible teacher, or a fraud. I chose fraud, then I found your page. It's sad to see a man who preys on the dreams of people. I am glad to see that the true lineage lives on, best of luck in all of your pursuits Grandmaster Wai. Soon Jim will be stopped, it's just a matter of time.

Peace
Hastings

Again, the message speaks for itself.

Charles :rolleyes:

shaolin_knight
07-27-2001, 07:20 AM
It's obvious he's a fake. On his own website, he says he has the original Wing Chun forms of Ng Mui, then on a different part of his website he thanks so and so for coming up with the Wing Chun forms. He also invites anyone to do business with him, making videos of whatever they want, and adding it to the James Lacy lineage. He also says that no one can out sell him because as soon as they release material on video, he will learn it and teach it also. I am not making this up based on what people have said. I first heard of him from his website. I browsed his website thoroughly, fascinated with his claims. Then I realised what it was all about.

Dale Dugas
07-29-2001, 02:16 PM
Lacy is finished and most people with half a brain wold not deal with him and let him rant about being the abbot of the Fukien Shaolin temple...Its over and we can move on and get back to training.

Thank god!

In Boston,

Dale Dugas :D