PDA

View Full Version : power generation-striking (your style,any style,your idea,general idea) How-to

Former castleva
07-29-2002, 12:27 PM
What do you guys think about striking method(s)?
What do you believe is the best way to get power into a strike (or attack in general-may it be offensive or defensive)
Sure this is a broad thing to put out in a nutshell.
I would like to hear what kind of path works the best for you & or what is your style´s approach to this (?),as they differ.
And why is is the "best" for you?
Some sub-areas including:
breathing
body mechanics
internal power
condition
speed
power
technique ,eh ;)

some sort of general/down-to-earth (or not) idea or related,welcome.

:)

BrentCarey
07-29-2002, 01:32 PM
Look at this thread. It was a recent discussion on a similar topic.

http://martial.best.vwh.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14864

Best regards,

-Brent

The Willow Sword
07-29-2002, 03:05 PM
In Hsing i Chuan you are always rooted to the ground. your stance helps to provide the stability to strike powerful.
the path of earth makes for a stable transition from heel to knee to waist shoulder to arm to fist.
in Movement ,though, one becomes off balanced abit and strikes may not be as powerful as if you were to stand there and strike. so the emphasis is to sink when you strike. or in some cases stomp and strike.

i guess a good way to train in punching would be to just punch at a bag several hundred times in different stances, even ones that you feel offset your balance. you will find that "sinking into your punch provides the best results.

MAny Respects,,,The Willow Sword

TaoBoy
07-29-2002, 05:37 PM
IMHO relaxation is the most important aspect in producing power in any strike. You should be relaxed up until the point of impact. Then when impacting quickly tense and transfer your energy to the target.

(Yes, of course there is a little more to it but I'm sure y'all get the picture. Cheers!)

Former castleva
07-30-2002, 03:26 AM
Thanks for good replies.

Taoboy,
I keep getting the idea that this kind of method is used in certain sub-system of karate.
But there´s more to it,I guess,as you said.

Richie
07-30-2002, 04:22 AM
It's all in the hips.