PDA

View Full Version : why was my last thread removed?

hunt1
07-29-2002, 03:44 PM
Why was a thread about the most basic of WC usage removed?

Mr Punch
07-29-2002, 07:10 PM
It seemed interesting and well phrased, a sensible and adult question to a group of people interested in discussing real-life answers to real-life situations which seem to have put their art under attack.

Maybe if you include some ****y-pantsed reference to red5angel, or just a whole bunch of implied slurs on other lineages, or several pages of Canada/US bashing, it'll last longer.

Please post it again Hunt.

hunt1
07-29-2002, 10:39 PM
thanks mat. I want to post it again but first want to find out why it was deleted.hate to waste my time.
You may be right I should most some senseless drivel instead of trying to discuss how to ,horror of horrors,use WC in a situation it was designed for.

anerlich
07-29-2002, 10:49 PM
It was probably axed because of its reference to the Cologne incident, though I agree it posed a good question and steered clear of sifu or lineage bashing. The mods might have felt they had to do it for consistency having recently closed an earlier thread on the subject.

Sihing73
07-30-2002, 05:36 AM
Hello,

I have already replied to an e-mail from Hunt1 regarding this action.

The short answer, for everyone here, is that there were portions of the thread which seemed a bit negative and could have led to some trouble, IMHO. I will not make too many excuses but suffice it to say I was a bit rushed at work and went in to edit some fo the indivudal posts. Unfortunately the default when editing a thread is to delete topics/posts. Unless manually changed from YES to NO the post will automaticaly be deleted. It is possible that I left the default to Yes and if this was with the original post the entire thread could be deleted.

I have advised Hunt1 if he wished to re-post the thread he may do so. Of course, it would be better if the topic could be discussed without pointing to any particular incident or reference the perceived shortcomings of a specific system/lineage.

Peace,

Dave

hunt1
07-30-2002, 06:29 AM
Thanks dave - accidents happen:) I will repost.