PDA

View Full Version : CLF's Siu Moi Fah

GOLDEN ARMOR
07-30-2002, 09:39 AM
Check out the Cyberkwoon site, they have a drawing of the Siu Moi Fah form. http://www.cyberkwoon.com/html/free_form.php

I have not learnt this form yet but the first few moves are similar to the Sand Bag form (Sa Bo Jong).

Is this the same as ur siu moi fah? What lineage is this from?

yik-wah-tik
07-30-2002, 11:48 AM
hey where did they get that? i have the ng lun choy book with the same characters in it.

i think that is a chan family set?

frank

extrajoseph
07-30-2002, 04:46 PM
Where did they get that? They got it from a book written by Pun Fun's son and disciple. I talked about that with CLFNole earlier, remember?

"The 3 books (Ng Lun Ma, Ng Lun Chui and Siu Mui Fa) were written not by Poon Fung but by his son Poon Sheung-Seu and disciple Leung Dat.

Poon Fun is a well known disciple of Chan Yiu-Chi and got on well with the Chan family. The Poon family is still very active in Guangzhou with their Guangzhou CLF Association and they are in touch with Futshan Hung Sing Kwoon and even taught some of the instructors there (shhh....). They have access to a lot of good information and knowledge and the books are as good as you can get in the open market. It is a pity they are not translated into English."

JoespfX

Fu-Pow
07-31-2002, 07:14 PM
Wow....totally different from our Siu Mui Fah. Although I recognize most of those movements from other forms that I know.

CLFNole
07-31-2002, 08:16 PM
I don't think the pictures show how the form is put together to well. It would be hard to follow that one cuz the directions and transitions appear a bit awkward.

I looked at the Ng Lun Ma book from the same sifu and it was different from the one on the Chan Yong Fa CD-Rom so i wonder if this form is different too.

I have Chan Kin Man's students Siu Moi Fa book and it is different as well.

Nothing wrong with different as long as all the CLF elements remain - gwa, sow, chop.

Peace.

JAZA
07-31-2002, 08:55 PM
I just know the opening and its the same except some detalis, that could be cause of the snapshot.

DRAGON32
08-01-2002, 12:49 AM
In my school Siu Mui Fa is taught as a form of the branch of King Mui. This branch was transmitted by GM Hou Yuen Chou (student of GM Chan Yiu Chi).

The form that I know is an equal 95% to the shown one in the drawings, without considering the changes of direction that cannot be seen and considering that the transitions between movements that do not aperecen they are the same ones.

Besos:D