PDA

View Full Version : Yang Mei Jun has died

ddh
07-31-2002, 05:49 AM
I received this from my teacher's school today. "Wen Wu School is sorry to inform you of the loss of our Grandmaster Yang Mei
Jun. She passed away on July 23 at 1 PM (China time). She is meditating in
a quiet place forever. She went very peacefully without any suffering. We
Wu school will hold a memorial ceremony on 8/3 Sat. at the school."
Yang Mei Jun was over 100 years old and was the grand master of Wild Goose Chi gong. She lived near Beijing in Forrest Hills. She will be missed.:(

dezhen2001
07-31-2002, 01:48 PM
Yang Tai Sigong will be sadly missed by all of us who study her skill and know of her :(

She has left us a rich legacy which can help may people... An extrordinary life, an extrordinary lady, an extrordinary gift to the world :)

david

Nexus
07-31-2002, 02:03 PM
Here is a great webpage about her life:

http://users.abac.com/wenmeiyu/index.htm

KC Elbows
08-01-2002, 07:58 AM
A few years back, my old longfist teacher(zhang hongchao, great teacher, wish I could have studied with him longer) visited her, as she was his main chi kung teacher. He was shocked at how active she was at her age.

It is good that she made such an impact on her students. I am sure they will carry on her legacy well.

The wild goose set is something I always wished I had studied with Zhang.

ddh
08-02-2002, 02:47 PM
I think you are confusing Yang Mei Jun with someone else.

dezhen2001
08-02-2002, 02:50 PM
wow KC, didn't know u had a chance to learn Dayan Gong... I'm biased of course but it's a very beautiful and worthy skill to learn :)

david

KC Elbows
08-02-2002, 03:09 PM
Actually, I didn't learn that. I specifically studied longfist under Zhang, to be more specific, one of the early wushu fighting sets.

However, as I've gotten older and wiser, I wished I had studied chi kung under him. Perhaps I will yet have the chance to.

Really, the best thing that Zhang hongchao gave me, even more than the longfist set, was the knowledge that humility and martial arts are definitely not mutually exclusive.

dezhen2001
08-02-2002, 03:34 PM
that's a very great lesson mate, also a very important one...
maybe u will have the chance to learn qigong - who knows what the future holds :)

david