PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Those Who Read Chinese.

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
08-02-2002, 07:49 AM
Hi all,
One of my classmates just got back from mainland china, and brought back a VCD showing an interesting version of sil lim tao. The only problem is that since I don't read/write chinese, I'm having a hard time identifing which style of WCK this is. So I took a couple of screenshots from the opening credits. Can anyone who reads chinese tell me who they are?

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
08-02-2002, 07:50 AM
And here's the second screenshot.....

black and blue
08-02-2002, 07:55 AM
If you can navigate your way through the Czech, this site has some mpegs.

http://www.entexsoft.cz/wingchun/

Err... I can't remember exactly where they are, they might be scattered (as the pics seem to be). I watched them ages ago and there was a chap doing the first and second in a similar white top... might be the same as your footage.

Hope this is of some help.

Duncan

Alpha Dog
08-02-2002, 07:56 AM
First slide identifies it as southern style siu lim tao (written with evil simplified and cantonese characters to boot); second slide gives the instructor's name (lee fo lang)

black and blue
08-02-2002, 08:01 AM
The mpegs are all in a section called "video".

Clearly that's what confused me when looking for video footage. :confused:

Anyway, the chap in most of them is..... wait for it.... Wong Nim Yi.

Duncan... actually, going to sign off as,

Dunce

Ps. I'm mentally challenged, so no, I can't speak Cantonese... I'm not even sure if I'm spelling it correctly :)

yuanfen
08-02-2002, 07:12 PM
I visited that Czech or Slovakian(I dont remember which-sorry )site once.
if memory serves -the instructor had some YKS in his lineage/
Rene?

reneritchie
08-02-2002, 08:49 PM
Southern Boxing Series - Wing Chun: Siu Nim Tao. I think I have that VCD. If memory serves, its either Mai Gei Wong lineage or an off-shoot thereof. The late Mai Gei Wong first learned from Wong Jing (student of Yeung Yin of Leung Jan lineage and Yuen Kay-San of Fok Bo-Chuen lineage). When Wong Jing died, Mai Gei Wong and his classmates went to practice with Sum Nung and his early students. Wong also learned other MA, and I think western boxing and wrestling as well. His system, now in the hands of his son, Wong Min-Yee, about whom I've heard many good things. The system spread from Guangzhou into Huayuan and now all around the Pearl River Delta.

RR

Alpha Dog
08-03-2002, 02:29 PM
Zhu He San Jiao Zhou ba? Ni ba gong ke xie dao yi ban er yi...

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
08-05-2002, 10:11 AM
Thanks everybody, I really appreciate the input!

YiWan
08-06-2002, 01:19 PM
Hi,
this is the second VCD about SiuLimTau from this Sifu.You can learn from him in Fatou city in China (near Guangzhou).He is student of one student of Wong Wu Fong Sifu (MaiGeiWong) but his Wing Chun is VERY different from "Mai Gei Wongs" Wing Chun ...
by YiWan

YiWan
08-07-2002, 04:02 AM
HI RENE, :-)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by reneritchie
[B]Southern Boxing Series - Wing Chun: Siu Nim Tao. I think I have that VCD. If memory serves, its either Mai Gei Wong lineage or an off-shoot thereof. The late Mai Gei Wong first learned from Wong Jing (student of Yeung Yin of Leung Jan lineage and Yuen Kay-San of Fok Bo-Chuen lineage). When Wong Jing died, Mai Gei Wong and his classmates went to practice with Sum Nung and his early students. Wong also learned other MA, and I think western boxing and wrestling as well. His system, now in the hands of his son, Wong Min-Yee,

CORRECT IS "WONG NIM-YI", HE IS THE OLDEST SON OF LATE GRANDMASTER WONG WU-FONG. "WONG MIN (MEN) YI (YEE)" IS HIS SECOND SON. HE PRACTISE WING CHUN, BUT DONT TEACH ANY STUDENTS.

about whom I've heard many good things. The system spread from Guangzhou into Huayuan and now all around the Pearl River Delta.

...... AND NOW IN CZECH, SLOVAK, ITALY, MALTA, POLAND, BELGIUM, AUSTRALIA, FRANCE, USA, ... :-)))

GREETINGS
YiWan