PDA

View Full Version : Attn Stranger

rogue
08-03-2002, 05:01 PM
Where've you been? Still doing the Russian Martial arts?

Stranger
08-03-2002, 05:16 PM
I am still living in NOVA and training in Systema. We actually have a small group training in Montgomery County, MD under one of Vlad's instructors. Most of the people drive a distance to get there, so we only meet twice a week.

How have you been? How is your trainig coming along?

rogue
08-03-2002, 07:22 PM
The TKD training goes on and on, but in a good way. Last month I started a lunch time Tai Chi class. Mostly old hippies but a few others who belong to a TCC group I hope to hook up with in the fall. I've learned not to play in close with them, didn't know that they're inside game was so good. Do you know of any Systema groups further south?

Stranger
08-03-2002, 08:01 PM
Vlad does not have any affiliated instructors in VA listed on his web page.

That does not necessarily mean that there are no good training partners in your area. There is a training partner board on Vlad's forum.

What style tai chi?

rogue
08-04-2002, 10:44 AM
Old Hippy Yang short form :D, hoping to get into a group that does yang long form. But it's fun and a good start for me.

How does Systema work with training partners? Is it like some of the Tai Chi and Bagua study groups that I've heard of? Does a afilliated instructor make the rounds of the different groups?

Stranger
08-04-2002, 11:14 AM
Initially I met a guy through the training partner board. He had the greenlight to teach from Vlad and Mikhail, but wasn't interested in a regular class schedule. I was with him for months and then he decided to teach openly and regularly. I suspect that there are other talented people out there who don't have a regular training schedule or indoor location that you could learn from. I'd imagine the heavy hitters would come around if a seminar could be filled; otherwise you have to haul your cookies to them (there are many carpools). There are definitely interested people throughout VA.

If you are ever up this way on a Mon. or Wed. night, let me know if you are interested in coming to a class.