PDA

View Full Version : Why is my class so wimpy part deux

jun_erh
08-04-2002, 08:55 AM
Please check out the part 1 for background.

So now I am doing forms one day a week and my new, more aggresive class two or three days a week. I find myself appreciating the forms alot more now that I know what they do. I would say that I practice forms at home much more than I practice the other stuff (it's called chinese submission fighting) which I mostly do in class.

the CSF fighting is much more visceral. instead of the half hour tae boe type warm up we do like 5 minutes. why do you need to warm up at all to do forms???? The guys in the CSF class seem to think more independtly and have more of a vision for what they are doing, whereas alot of people in the Hung Gar class seem to be very student-y.

I could say a lot more but you get the gist of it. One last thing, my CSF teacher said one of they guys from the Hung Gar school came down and was shocked at how easily he was taken off his feet.

I like both classes, but the Hung Gar class is too big and mainstream. It's the type of thing Bruce Lee was talking about when he said all that stuff. I'm rambling so SEE YA

SevenStar
08-04-2002, 09:26 AM
chinese submission figthing? got any links?

NPMantis
08-04-2002, 01:27 PM
SevenStar - that looks really interesting, definately interested in reading more about that!

jun_erh
08-04-2002, 03:22 PM
fellows- I talk about the class in more detail in a thread by someone named natgun- asking about MA in Boston. I'll try and find it but i suck

jun_erh
08-04-2002, 03:28 PM
the thread is called "Dr Yang Jwing-Ming" no website or anything. We do alot of joint lock and punching drills, like stuff where you're holding weights till you cry or he comes by and kicks you in the stomach. about half of the class does san shou as well

Water Dragon
08-04-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
chinese submission figthing? got any links?

Bro, what do you think it is that we do? :D