PDA

View Full Version : Street issues/situations you solved without fighting

Former castleva
08-04-2002, 10:33 AM
You have any?
I´m interested in hearing how it all happened,started-stopped and what you did.
Verbal self-defense etc.
You may mouth off now.
:)

Kope
08-04-2002, 11:08 AM
Was in bar and tried to pick up this girl (back MANY years ago when I was heavily into TKD). A couple of guys decided they could get rid of me and and started trying to push me around.

I started off trying to do the various "verbal deflections" but it was pretty clear they wanted a fight.

So I did a heal kick onto a nearby wood chair -- smashed the thing in two and said "ok let's go!" and took up a fighting stance.

Both guys backed off and said stuff like "Hey man, no problem. We don't want a fight." And they left the bar.

The chair cost me about $150 bucks. The three broken bones in my foot cost me about a grand . . .

But I got several dates with the girl :)

LEGEND
08-04-2002, 12:26 PM
On the basketball court. I fouled a guy accidently...he got in my face and told me to don't do that again. I immediately push him and got into a stance and said,"let's fight!". He immediately back down as u can see the fear in his body movement. I was scared also due to the adrenalin rush. Another time was at Annapolis Bar, with a guy following my crew harassing us. I immediately step to him face to face...he walked away rather quickly. I was scared then too. Recently my date and I were walking the streets of Georgetown when a big guy seem to attempt to grab my date by stepping in front of her...I immediately step in front of him and bumped head to chest( he was tall )...he said...wassup and walked away...I said wassup and look at my date...smile and sigh( Thank God ). It seems that everytime I pull IN YOUR FACE TACTIC I have never got into a fight. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...the only time I have actually fought was due to activing passive.

Former castleva
08-04-2002, 12:56 PM
Thanks a lot,great replies.
Kope,good stuff,ha ha;)
Good thing you did not get into a brawl,you already broke three bones;) :D
Legend,nice story,kinda unique.

chingei
08-04-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Kope
Was in bar and tried to pick up this girl (back MANY years ago when I was heavily into TKD). A couple of guys decided they could get rid of me and and started trying to push me around.

I started off trying to do the various "verbal deflections" but it was pretty clear they wanted a fight.

So I did a heal kick onto a nearby wood chair -- smashed the thing in two and said "ok let's go!" and took up a fighting stance.

Both guys backed off and said stuff like "Hey man, no problem. We don't want a fight." And they left the bar.

The chair cost me about $150 bucks. The three broken bones in my foot cost me about a grand . . .

But I got several dates with the girl :)

hmmmm

dnc101
08-04-2002, 08:44 PM
I've had to pull a gun- which tends to cool things down real quick.
(I'm not trying to start anything here- if you want to flame me for this please go to the current gun debate now rageing). Once was approached by two men in, one with a club and one with a length of heavy chain. I showed the gun, they stoped in their tracks, then turned and left. Pretty simple.

I've walked away from some. If all they want is to win then I'm glad to accomodate them.

Once outside a quick stop in Detroit I was approached by a punk who asked for money. I knew I couldn't get into my vehicle in time, and he had several friends who were standing back. I set my food down on the fender, calmly faced him and said that I needed what money I had. Nothing inflamatory in my bearing or statement, and I didn't lie and say I didn't have money. He said something non commital and went back to his friends. I'm told this is a common setup- one sizes you up and if they detect weakness you face the pack if you don't comply.

Recently I was in a situation where three apparently innebriated individuals were giving others a hard time. There were women and children present, so walking away was not really an option. I called for assistance and then simply asked the women to leave. I was aproached by one of the men while the other tried to flank me, and the third (a woman) stood back a ways. I casually walked a few steps so that I wasn't flanked and the second guy veered off. After listening to their bs and sob stories, and a couple more attempts to flank me, they left. I went to the nearest toilet to do what you'd expect I'd do.

LEGEND
08-04-2002, 09:19 PM
I believe the GUN story. Having been on the UNARMED side! Castle...I know it contradicts what is taught...to walk away from a fight or back down. The problem is when u do that...the other opponents will initiate the attack. If u confront them...and they're street punks...they will be confused and punk out. Especially if u let your hate and anger overtake you. DARK SIDE lol.

Kope
08-05-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by chingei

hmmmm

I did learn since then that in the movies they use break-away chairs :)

Luckily a) it was a cheap chair, b) I was really juiced up and c) the guys were impressed enough to not recognize I was in pain and d) I was a bit too drunk to realize I was in pain :)

Fractured my calcaneus from the talus down and laterally to the cuboid. Fractured the cuboid fromthe navicular/3rd cuneiform junction laterially down and backward to the calcaneus. Fractured the navicular from the near the calcanaus buldge medially down and forward to the first cuneiform.

In a cast for about 3 months. Physical therapy for about 6 months.

It's been a long ass time (this happened when I was in my early early 20s, I'm in my mid-30s now) and I still have problems with some stances due to that old injury.

Moral of the story -- this is NOT the way to end a fight.

But, I did get several dates with the girl :p

NPMantis
08-05-2002, 08:38 AM
Excessive confidence usually stops a situation like that for 99% of guys starting fights on me, most people want a story about how they started a fight and someone chickened out, they don't expect the victim to become the aggressor. Guys who start fights with me usually end up apologising or being too scared to even look at me after I get aggressive after they start a fight - read the situation, if they're a bull *****er then be confident, if not, try to talk your way out of it - ha ha, or get good at the 400m!

Former castleva
08-05-2002, 08:41 AM
Thanks everyone again.
And thanks Legend (and others),for bringing up new points,always taken lightly...inwards!:)