PDA

View Full Version : Tui Shou & Da lu

Pakmei
08-05-2002, 04:20 AM
Hi there everyone.

Can someone explain to me the difference between the above mentioned (Tui Shou and Da Lu)?

I think I have a vague idea of what is involved, but would appreciate some feedback from the Taiji Quan guys or girls.

Regards

Dave

bob10
08-05-2002, 07:14 AM
Tui shou is pushing hands, which is generally with set hand patterns of peng lu ji an.
Mostly it's static, though it can be practiced with active steps too.

Da lu is a footwork drill incorporating the use of roll back and shoulder / elbow. The footwork pattern is based on moving to the 4 corners of a square, so it is sometimes called Four Corners

Repulsive Monkey
08-06-2002, 07:47 AM
There are devlopments and supplemnatary exercises to Tui Shou but what Bob has said is basucally it. Da Lu "Long Roll-back" too has a number of variations, but the product is all the same. A Da Lu is like a pre-arrange set of applications flowing inot another of yield-attach-yield and are done with a partner. Pricinples leanred in both interhcange constantly and so sicking, listening, following energies etc. are and can be aquired from them. Although traditionally these were intially learnt through push Hands more so.