PDA

View Full Version : training this last weekend

red5angel
08-05-2002, 08:51 AM
Ah, well while you guys were here on the forum, discussing my posting habits or whatever else tickles your fancy; I was away training hard for 4 days.
In the past I have said most wing chun out there sucks. My basis is that I have visited enough schools to have seen a good cross section. True, there may be some schools that are better but I am willing to bet that most are like those that I have seen. Why do I say this? Because of all of the things that you guys like to talk about here precision, sensitivity, etc…. all those basics you say you deeply understand and use all the time. I don’t believe it. I believe most of wing chun people are fooling themselves into thinking they have it. Argue all you want but my reasons are solid. Most wing chun people don’t get out, don’t test it. There are all sorts of opportunities out there but most people are content to sit where they are and pretend what they are studying will suffice.
As for me? Well, I know the wing chun I am learning is going to make it good. I know in just a short time most other WC people won’t be able to touch me, why I had the fortune to meet an 11 year old I am betting most WC people couldn’t touch. He’s not large, but he is precise, his forward energy is awesome for where he is at in his training and in his life, better then 90 % or more of the people I have met. You guys ask why I find myself railing so much about this, that’s why. I bet most WC people would love to have that sort of skill and ability. Imagine not having to honestly worry about the people who come before you, being threatened and such. This stuff if done right, can hold up anywhere. For some of you MMA types, WC when practiced the way I have seen it, could hold up under any test you would like to give it.
You laugh at this post all you want, the ones who do are more internet warrior then WC practitioner, the rest of you will take what I am saying to heart and go out and seek good WC out.
What is good WC? I know that the stuff trickling down from Kenneth Chung is good, the best in my opinion. Way more deep then most of the other stuff out there. Way more refined and developed then most. I haven’t had the pleasure of visiting Ken’s school, but Carl’s school is full of passionate WC people who in a few years will surpass most of their kungfu brothers and sisters in the WC world. More then 10 of them drive over 70 miles to go to the classes, to be there at the minimum once a week to study it and understand it. That tell some there is something to it, How many of you have schools with that sort of devotion? I can tell you right now the reason that type of devotion and desire exist is because this stuff is hard core wing chun, very very good and way beyond the stuff they could go to that is closer or easier or cheaper.
Don’t take my word for it, get off your butt and check it out, get out and see what the real deal is all about. Take it as a challenge if you are smart, go check it out and learn, or prove me wrong if you wish. I am confident you won’t, cant. See without touching someone’s hands that has it you can have no idea, so maybe the stuff you are doing looks good, maybe its better then the other people you have met or worked with? Maybe you just like settling for whatever comes along, not me, and in a few years time most WC people won’t be able to touch me. Thinking about it on my way back home I see it as a storm brewing in the wing chun world. You laugh now, but there are big clouds on eth horizon, and in 5 years time those clouds are going to roll in and people are going to be in for a shock. The wing chun that is coming through is going to be big and it’s going to good. Of course some of you will go on living in your dream world, thinking your stuff can hold out. Most Martial artist never really tests their stuff out except in their own school, that’s fine for some, not for me. I want to touch hands with all sorts of other people, so I know my stuff is good, and I will find how to make it even better. So enjoy your virtual wing chun here on the KFO, I hope you get what you want from it because I am willing to bet you are wasting your time in training if you aren’t looking for something better.

black and blue
08-05-2002, 09:09 AM
Red5Angel... these posts... in a non-hom*sexu@l way... I think I love you.

:D

red5angel
08-05-2002, 09:26 AM
the kid is someone who trains with Carl there, he is 11 years old and in a few years he is going to be a Wing Chun Animal!

S.Teebas
08-05-2002, 10:08 AM
..in a few years time most WC people won’t be able to touch me. Thinking about it on my way back home I see it as a storm brewing in the wing chun world. You laugh now, but there are big clouds on eth horizon, and in 5 years time those clouds are going to roll in and people are going to be in for a shock.

LMAO!! Man, have you considered being a professional writer? Seriously you've got all the components:
** The 11 yr old prodigy
** The flash back as you driving home
** In 5 years you'll be untouchable..

I cant wait till next weeks instalment!!

..Of course some of you will go on living in your dream world..

Apparently.

Sihing73
08-05-2002, 10:21 AM
Hello Red5angel,

While I again would liek to commend you on your zeal for your Wing Chun, I must again caution you against posting what amounts to advertisement for your particular approach. I am glad that you have found something which you enjoy and which fits you. Please continue to train and work hard at achieving your goals.

However, please desist from posting the same glorification of your One True Way of Wing Chun over and over again. I think that most of the people here are already quite familiar with your view. No need to keep runing it to the ground :rolleyes:

Red, if you continue to post what amounts to nothing more than the same thing over and over. Plus it does nothing to move the art forward on this board, I will have no choice but to start deleting such posts. I would prefer not to do this and I do feel you may have knowledge to contribute. However it does us little good to keep covering the same thing, particularily when some of the tone could be considered offensive to others. While it may take you some time to write a post, it only takes me a moment to lock it, like I am about to do to this one ;) or to delete it.

Once again, I prefer not to do this. I am sure you are adult enough to consider the worth of your postings. I leave it to you. We all make choices, just remember that there are, and be willing to accept any, possible consequences.

Feel free to contact me directly via e-mail to discuss this further.

Peace,

Dave
sihing73@juno.com