PDA

View Full Version : Your style...

wushu chik
08-05-2002, 10:30 PM
Take your style....think about it hard....what is your favorite thing about it, and what would you change about it???

~Wen~

TaoBoy
08-05-2002, 10:32 PM
It's simple, effective.

Small change: more training, less talking.

PHILBERT
08-05-2002, 10:38 PM
lack of throws

Mr Punch
08-05-2002, 10:44 PM
My personal style: My favourite thing is: I'm very fast. The thing I need to change: I need to slow down!

My school's style: My favourite thing: it's hardcore. Needs to get softer! The best wing chun I've seen was a blend of hard and soft. My school's is very hard.

Wingchun in general: My favourite thing is the whole style! Needs work on faster, more fluid mobility in changing stances and footwork.

My aiki is godlike! :cool: :rolleyes: :D

My kendo kicks ass! :cool: :rolleyes: :D

Asia
08-05-2002, 11:11 PM
It allows me to make Demons fear and heros cry for they will not reach my invincible level!!!

I crush all mortals in my way! ALL tremble at my might!......

MWHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA....................BUBBLES!!! I'M THE FRICKING DARK LORD OF BAJI I DON'T WANT ANY FRICKING BUBBLES!!!!

Serpent
08-05-2002, 11:13 PM
You are a bubble!

rubthebuddha
08-06-2002, 12:19 AM
them's fightin words.

as far as my style? i love wing tsun, and the one thing i'd change about it? the whole family's (wc, vt, wt) innate desire to focus on politics. sometimes, i wonder if all these folks think about is the hatin'.

SDriver
08-06-2002, 06:39 AM
It has some cute girls, and lots of angsty soap-opera style high melodrama. If I could change anything about it, it would be all the high fancy kicks in the fight sequences.

Wait, that's not my style, that's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

norther practitioner
08-06-2002, 09:12 AM
Ok, I'm takin' my style, and the thing that I like about it most is that chick's dig it.

KC Elbows
08-06-2002, 09:23 AM
Likes- The brutality

Needs- A straight sword form, chainwhip, single and double knife

Former castleva
08-06-2002, 09:32 AM
Letīs see,I donīt have a real style right now so...
if I end up taking hapkido I refer to what Iīm about to understand:p (pretty flowery expression)

Good stuff:Unique principles,effective and satisfying application
Bad:(in the names of technique) otherwise awesome traditional throws which might lack "practicality",but what northern practitioner said...
;)

Liokault
08-06-2002, 09:36 AM
Its all hands on against a resisting oponent from day one.

Sho
08-06-2002, 09:58 AM
It has good stancework and great applications, however I would want more theory.

diego
08-06-2002, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Asia

MWHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA....................BUBBLES!!! I'M THE FRICKING DARK LORD OF BAJI

Do you like sit at the dinner table and play with your gravy potatoes mashed, and tell yourself this.....U say this in every post; it's not a problem!, just curious?.:cool:

Prairie
08-06-2002, 10:48 AM
My favorite thing about our style is its consistency in philosophy. I'm surprized by this being my favorite thing too...

I wouldn't know what to add at this point. I can't think of anything anway.

neptunesfall
08-06-2002, 11:11 AM
great techniques, great strength/stamina training

no likey:
teacher moved

dezhen2001
08-06-2002, 11:40 AM
Hi Wen - good thread :)

Well, i like the Qigong because it's not only beautiful, but really develops my health, mind and attitude.

Wing Chun is very clear and direct, also it helps keep my mind clear and show me how to adapt to any situation.

The only thing i would change from either is that i can become a better student :D

david

Xebsball
08-06-2002, 01:54 PM
I like Xing Yi becouse its agressive, have great methods of power generation and mechanics over all, it can be directly applied and also it covers a wide range of posible strategies acording to your body type or will - wich is pretty much like all cma should be, in a way.

What i may not like so much is although it is considered the internal style that gives the fastest results, it still takes more time then most external styles. Besides that, for me, on a personal level, its hard to do zhang zhuang (spell?) regurlary everyday specially on the beggining, although i hear it gets better with time.

What id like to see added to it or praticed simultaneously with it is more weapons, knife, sword, etc. But that can depend more on the teacher than the style of course.

JusticeZero
08-06-2002, 02:00 PM
Like: The depth and variety of things to do
Change: Find a better way to improve the students' awareness, understanding of principles, social reflexes and such other than by cranking up the paranoid political overtones.

wushu chik
08-06-2002, 02:05 PM
There's so many different choices, looking at your style and trying to pick what you like the most and least isn't an easy task!!

~Wen~

Serpent
08-06-2002, 08:48 PM
What do I like most about my style? Well, it gives me an excuse to come on here and hang out with you guys! Awww....

What do you mean you don't have to train to mouth off on here? Surely everybody here is an accomplished martial artist!

Brad Souders
08-06-2002, 08:53 PM
HMMM....

Good Points: Effective and i get to work on whatever i want

Bd Points: Getting punched in the face

Asia
08-06-2002, 11:40 PM
Do you like sit at the dinner table and play with your gravy potatoes mashed, and tell yourself this.....U say this in every post; it's not a problem!, just curious?.

It part of the training in my "Maniacal Meglomaniac" Motivational Marketing tape set!!!! Want a copy!!!!:D

BAJIBAJIBAJIBAJIBAJIBAJIBAJIBAJITOFUBAJIBAJIBAJIBA JIBAJI!!!

Serpent
08-06-2002, 11:50 PM
(Homer Simpson voice) MMMMMMM-Megalomaniac!

Mr Punch
08-07-2002, 12:08 AM
I'M THE FRICKING DARK LORD OF BAJI I DON'T WANT ANY FRICKING BUBBLES!!!!

Of course, where I come from, in the Midlands of England, 'baji' is more commonly known as a small ball of spicey battered onions or any other tantalising taste sensation vegetable of your choice... I wouldn't like to comment on the dark lord of these tasty scooby-snax of course but suffice it to say

BAJIBAJIBAJIBAJIBAJIBAJIBAJI...

is a well known and traditional battle cry of various ne'er-do-wells in this region on a Saturday night...

tnwingtsun
08-07-2002, 12:14 AM
"Your style...
Take your style....think about it hard....what is your favorite thing about it,"

By style,hand 2 hand sport,My mind.

By style,hand 2 hand combat,My mind.

By style,awarness,point shooting,CQB(room clearing),My mind.

By style,getting into your bubble when you make that 1,000 meter
shot,my mind.

Once it becomes apart of you after years of focus/mind,

thinking about it hard no longer matters.

Same goes for your favorite thing.

Helicopter
08-07-2002, 12:40 AM
Like: It's a very comprehensive style emcompassing really cool forms from many different systems.

Dislike: I'm never gonna find time to learn 'em all.:(

(lol at Mat's post. I will try and use the term 'ne'er-do-well' more often in conversation.)

KnightSabre
08-07-2002, 01:15 AM
There is so much I like about my style,
The simple yet effective approach it has.
It's clever use of leverage and body mechanics.

The pleasure it brings me when I see one of my female students tapping a 40-50 pound heavier male begginner and the look on his face.

What I don't like about it?
The injuries,the fact that it's with resisiting apponents makes the chance of injuries alot higher.

No_Know
08-20-2002, 08:14 AM
Some others might be interested in this thread. Please post.

The Willow Sword
08-20-2002, 08:21 AM
that MY style had the ability to seduce and captivate hot babes such as Wushu chik. :D

MRTWS

dezhen2001
08-20-2002, 11:14 AM
Willow Sword: don't think theres much chance of THAT ever happening... but anywayz, me 2 :p:D

david