PDA

View Full Version : Power Vitamins..Vitamins for training

Rolling Elbow
08-06-2002, 10:22 AM
Alright , who here has info or experience with vitamins? I am interested in all the bennefits from increased muscle endurance and growth, weight control, fatigue fighting, energy increasing, good for your inners, increasing wellness all the way to brain function etc..

essentially, i want to maximize my training and have recently been suffering from sore leg muscles following one baseball tournament! (this is what made me think about this) I am also rather fatigued at times and i need a pick up. it has been suggested to me by some people i train with that they can feel the diff supplements make. So , have a look at this, Jamieson makes Power vitamins for men. Is something like this up my alley or does the price just appeal to me!?

Thanks.

wiz cool c
08-06-2002, 10:33 AM
www.1hpi.com Has some really great formulas. There under the tea section but thay are actually in pill form.

Leonidas
08-06-2002, 02:04 PM
Vitamins dont give you energy.

Royal Dragon
08-06-2002, 02:34 PM
After that, have some Ginseng before you train. Use the Chinese stuff before you train becaue it's hotter, and the American stuff after to help recover because it's cooler.

I eat a boul of rice and raw veggies before I train to give me the power to train harder. No vitamin in the world can do that anywhere near as well as eating good foods.

After you train load up on the protione with a nice big steak. Tryst me there is no better cure for sore muscles than tones of natural protien.

Don't forget to mix it up, and eat plenty of fish, chicken etc..... The body needs variety.

Oh, and don't forgte fruites.

Stay away from Chees, Milk and other dairy products. They sap your strength. Milk especially because it increases mucus flow in the nasal passges and lungs and lowers breathing effficencey quite a bit.

Aramus
08-06-2002, 03:57 PM
Some vitamins are soluable in water, others with fat. That would mean some you have to take with water, others when you eat. Vitamins and minerals can be used if you're not eating right or very active. I can't help much with what is good and what isn't. Sorry. I've been told the kroger brand calcium is unusable by the body as are some of the vitamins on the market. You just get rid of them (waste products). You really want vitamins and minerals that break down quickly so they can be used by your body.

Some chiropractors can be good sources for finding nutrition advice, as can some nutritionists and some doctors. I have found many conflicting stories on what is good. Everybody is different. I think Royal Dragon has the best advice...eat good food.

Peace and Happiness
Aramus - The Nice Guy.

TaoBoy
08-06-2002, 05:45 PM
Now, nothing is as important as a good diet and vitamins are only supplements but has anyone heard about wheatgrass and it's effects? Some pretty impressive claims. Like as much nutrients as [insert weight here] green vegatables, etc.

Shadow Dragon
08-06-2002, 05:52 PM
Hi.

Personally, I would rather supplement using "Multi-Minerals" than "Multi-Vitamins".

I found that the gave me a bigger boost.

Peace.

Royal Dragon
08-06-2002, 06:12 PM
I submit you'd be better off eating raw wheat grass just as it grows out of the ground.

guohuen
08-06-2002, 09:00 PM
Yeah, go ahead and try wheatgrass. Some brands say that they may initially cause detox symptoms. What an understatement. Prepare to mount the throne.

Royal Dragon
08-06-2002, 09:02 PM
:

Serpent
08-06-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by guohuen
Yeah, go ahead and try wheatgrass. Some brands say that they may initially cause detox symptoms. What an understatement. Prepare to mount the throne.

A good Phall curry will do that to you as well, and you won't feel like a ****ing rabbit for eating it!

guohuen
08-06-2002, 10:05 PM
ROTFLMAO!

Serpent
08-06-2002, 11:08 PM
On a more serious note, I honestly believe that you don't get anything from vitamins except a placebo effect unless your diet is really crap.

Eat well, lots of fruit and vegies (as raw as possible or steamed) and you'll be getting all the vitamins and nutrients you need. I've experimented considerably and this is the conclusion I've drawn.

Royal Dragon
08-07-2002, 09:18 AM
I've experimented extensively too, and I fully agree with your assesment.

Vitamins have large quantities of a few nutients, maybe a couple of dozen at best if you get the expensive ones. But raw fruites and veggies have hundreds of nutrients. That and they containe the substances your body needs to really use those nutrients, where as vitamin pills don't.

Ever ask where the vitamins come from that are in those pills?

I did once. The answer "Natural sources". I take that to mean food. So don't wast your money on a substandard nutrient source like vitamin pills. Just eat real food. It's cheaper, and much more functional.