PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard about...

TaoBoy
08-06-2002, 11:24 PM
Has anyone heard of the Yang Mian system of Kung Fu? Or Mian Kung Fu?

"Approximately 250 years ago 12 masters of various styles of Martial Arts conferred and shared their knowledge and experience to develop a superior art which combined the best of their styles with new concepts of fighting techniques including the generation of inner power. It took them 10 years before they were satisfied with the result which is the Yang Mian System."

Quote from website (http://yangmian.alphalink.com.au).

I'm not saying they are good, bad or otherwise. But I have only heard of them in advertisements in the Australian MA mag "Blitz".

Serpent
08-06-2002, 11:26 PM
Sounds like the start of a computer game or a cheesy film! :eek:

Serpent
08-06-2002, 11:31 PM
OK, he teaches in Sydney city. I'm in Sydney at the moment, so I can give him a ring. What would like me to ask?

TaoBoy
08-06-2002, 11:33 PM
Not asking about the teacher.
Just wondering about the system.
Maybe it is known elsewhere by another name?

Serpent
08-06-2002, 11:40 PM
Yeah sure, but I can ask him about the system if you like. Maybe I'll swing by if I can find the time, but I'm kinda on call at the moment, so it might not be possible.

See what people come up with, but if you want me to give him a call and ask a few questions, then no worries.

Former castleva
08-07-2002, 10:31 AM
Many arts float around picking stuff from here and there-from other arts.
If thatīs the case..."superior art"
Funny thing you know the last "best style of self-defense" or whatever was badly known shaolin martial art of "kou chuan/dog fist" or dog boxing,whatever you call it.

S.Teebas
08-07-2002, 10:40 AM
Yeah i trained with a guy who has been in the system for a while. I'll say their steel fist training is the real deal.. this guy had the most dence bones in his fist, then again his daily training resume was breaking concrete blocks wiht them. From what i understand, their training is pretty hard-core, with some strong emphasis on chi-kung. (im certainly no expert on the system)