PDA

View Full Version : In Shanghai I met

Rory
08-07-2002, 05:49 PM
For the last 15 days I have been traveling in China Mainly in Shanghai. I was privileged enough to be able to meet the 3rd generation master of wu style Tai Chi. They were having a small celebration and demonstration in Shanghai and I wrote them a letter and was invited to it so I went to the park to meet the group. There I met many very high level masters most trained by the famous second generation master Ma Yaugh Liang (sorry if I spelled it wrong). I practiced push hands with one of his class mates who was very good. They were some of the most high level people i have every met. It was quite an expirence.

fa_jing
08-12-2002, 10:14 AM
Hey good going, sounds like fun!!!

woliveri
08-12-2002, 01:30 PM
A few questions.

Who is your China contact?

Who did you go with (trip leader)?

Who is your Wu style teacher?

Where are you located?

Thank you,

Rory
08-12-2002, 04:34 PM
Hmm China Contact?
The trip leader was my teacher Cheng, Yui-Fu 5th Generation master

I am located in san diego, Cal

woliveri
08-12-2002, 07:21 PM
Ahh, you're close to my area. There is a teacher in my area. Perhaps your teacher knows him.

http://www.wustyletaichi.com/

let me add this gentleman is the highest level "taiji" teacher "I've" ever come across but I'm sure you're teacher is no slouch.

Rory
08-22-2002, 01:54 PM
no my teacher isnt but this man has trained for about 15 years longer than my teacher did. Oh your teachers lineage is from Wu Gong Yi. My teachers lineage is from a Man that lived in Canton whos name was Cheng Wing Kwon. Our form isnt quite as small as Wu Gong Yis but it is more Of a middle frame. How far along are you. I just finished the form now I am practicing push hands.