PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin Temple

LiLong
08-08-2002, 07:12 AM
Hello everyone I would like to announce my return from an 18 day excursion of China. I was given the opportunity to join Sifu Steve Cottrell and his respected team of martial artists in this trip and witnessed as well as participated in some of the training. Most of the trip was mantis in nature and there was training done in that style in three different cities. I touched hands with WC practitioners as well as Seven Star Manti.

Hands down however, the highlight of the trip was the climb up Laoshan and the visit to Shaolin Temple. There I found a secluded corner and performed a few sets of my art. Though I did not witness monks training first hand, we were given a longfist form called Tong Bi Quan as part of a training session in a private school owned by one of China's top ten masters of Kung Fu, Liang Yiquan. An interview was also performed with the master.

China was amazing, the food, the ppl, the martial arts, the architecture, really just everything. This is the kind of trip all martial arts exponents should make.

Cheers

GeneChing
08-09-2002, 10:45 AM
I published an interview on GM Liang titled The Guardian at the Temple Gate in our Shaolin focus issue earlier this year.
http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/kunmagjanisk.html

LiLong
08-13-2002, 12:36 PM
Yes Gene I purchased that edition of KFQG magazine and was familiar with the grandmaster. Imagine my surprise to see him in person, hear him speaking and "shake" his hand. An experience of a lifetime. I always take around your mag and the pics I got with him and show them to everyone.

cheers:D

GeneChing
08-14-2002, 10:21 AM
Nice to know GM LIang is doing well. He was very professional and gentlemanly for our interview. I have great respect for him.