PDA

View Full Version : Say it anyway I this is what I was getting at

dre_doggX
08-08-2002, 03:51 PM
This is what I wanted to know yes I know of Elre said about Yang LuChan learning direct from the San Zan Feng with the Chen family linage instead of Yang learning from the Chen's who learn from the Wudang lineage by some hermit.

ya I even downloaded the book, he claims the Taiji postures of the traditional Yang Form are more the Chen. to me the Yang style of Lu Chan does resemble Bagua Zhang and Xing Yi QUan were as Chen style (which I mostly pratice)n looks Shaolin like, Post the history of Erle's Theory its not really yours its his so your not trolling

gazza99
08-08-2002, 06:32 PM
I think you need to read some more things a bit more carefully, and present the information in a logical, coherent fashion.

Gary

Shadow Dragon
08-08-2002, 07:33 PM
dre_doggx.

Not sure what you trying to say.

San Zan Feng as the founder of Taiji is disputed, most seem to thing that he was credited as the styles founder to give the style more credit.
Not uncommon in TCMA unfortunately.

Jiang Fa seem to be more likely to have softened the Chen Family Arts.
Chen style credits Chen ChangXin not san Zan Feng as the founder of Taiji large Frame.
These was done based on existing routines by Cheng Wang Ting.

YLC travelled a bit after he left the Chen Village and before he moved to Beijing.
So there is a chance that he would have picked up a few things a long the way.

Apparently there is/was a Taiji style practised in the Wu-Dang mountain but apparently it bears no resemblance to either Chen or Yang.

But I guess since we will never know for sure it is a mute point to discuss.

Peace.