PDA

View Full Version : Ideas

Shaolindynasty
10-07-2001, 08:09 PM
I need to advertise for a Kungfu class at a local park district can you guys give me some ideas? I have some but maybe you will through some new ones my way. Also what kind of info do you like to see on a flyer detailed about the teacher and style and typical class or simple discription and times cost, I guess do you think people will read the info on the flyer or would that be a waste?

New classes New online Catalog
www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net (http://www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net)

MonkeySlap Too
10-07-2001, 08:21 PM
1.) Get your fliers out before Iron Monkey premiers.

2.) You are in a 'rural' area, so maybe the Theatre will let your school due a demo at the movie opening (It attracts more movie goers for them.)

3.) Offer a 'free class' to movie goers

4.) Have your flier emphasize benefits the public will have a desire for. The average citizen could care less about stylistic differences.

5.) Emphasize those benefits! Don't 'love your logo'.

That's a start. Hope it helps...

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

Shaolindynasty
10-07-2001, 08:23 PM
Hmm Iron Monkey? Those are good ideas that I didn't think of I have a meeting with the park district guy in charge of advertiseing I'll be sure to bring that one up! Keep them coming guys.

toddbringewatt
10-07-2001, 08:29 PM
To get a much bigger response than normal, survey the public that will be reading your flyers.

Find out what they need or want in the way of MA instruction, then gear your advertising to whatever that is.

The big guns of marketing ALWAYS survey before promoting. You should too. Draw up a list of survey questions, then go door to door or person to person or how ever you have to do it.

Questions could be:

Are you interested in Martial Arts?

Do you know anyone who is interested in Martial Arts?

These would qualify a person surveyed as a potential public for you.

Then:

Would you consider or have you ever considered taking a course in Martial Arts instruction?

Do you know anyone who has or would consider taking a course in Martial Arts instruction?

Then:

What interests you/them most about the Martial Arts?

What interests you/them least about the Martial Arts?

What end result would you/they expect to get from a course in Martial Arts training?

What would you/they expect NOT to get?

What would be the most important thing to you/them about studying the Martial Arts?

What would be the LEAST important thing to you/them about studying the Martial Arts?

How much would you/they expect to pay for Martial Arts training?

Etc., etc., etc.

You get the idea? These are just suggestions.

Good luck to you!!!

:)

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

toddbringewatt
10-14-2001, 04:27 PM
Did you get that, Shaolin?

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

EARTH DRAGON
10-14-2001, 04:49 PM
I have been designing different kinds of flyers for my school for a number of years and what I find that works best is SIMPLE.
name of school
address
phone
style
times
first class free!!!!!!!!
try not to crowd the flyer with style history, this is not important to the general public.

pictures of school is OK but do not show yourself doing any fighting or threatenting actions, parents hate that and so do non violent people.

try to include a first class free ad across the top, people will try anything for free.
If you want email me and I could send you some of our flyers that we have done ad maybe you could get ideas from them but again simple and clutter free is the best. hope this helps

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

Shaolindynasty
10-14-2001, 06:35 PM
I got ya Leroy.

No need to send me the flyers ED I got your idea and it's pretty much what I've been doing and I have been getting some calls.

Snake
10-14-2001, 07:47 PM
I agree with what the others have said about the design of your flyer, but there is something else you should consider, and that is the method that you are using to deliver the flyer itself. The best advertisement in the world is useless unless it reaches it's target audience, which why the suggestion of using it in conjunction with the opening of "Iron Monkey" is a good idea, since those going to see that movie already have an interest in martial arts. (If you can't make it with Iron Monkey, since it opened this weekend, condier Jet Li's The One which opens Nov. 2nd, gives you more time to prepare.) It is important that you identify your target market and find the best ways to get the flyers into their hands based on their interests. For example, posting them in a local gym or handing them out at martial arts tournaments. Just a few thoughts.

Snake

Budokan
10-14-2001, 09:40 PM
All good advice. I'd just stress once more that you should keep your advertisement simple. Too much info up front about lineage and other esoteric stuff might actually scare people off. Anyway, that's info you can give them during class.

K. Mark Hoover