PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Newbie Needs Sparring Partner

TRON
08-09-2002, 10:48 PM
RESPECT
i took a little WC through the DR LEUNG TING SCHOOL [did i spell that right?] and this guy i use to work with i realy would like to learn more but i don't have time to go to a class even though i'm not that skilled i realy like CHI SAU i did develop i pretty good 1 inch punch [right now i should call it a push] i learned it through
POPPING [west coat cousin to Bboyn/breakin] but it's been my experience that i get the most out of WC through trial n error so i'm realy lookyn 2 find people who would be willing to SPAR/PRACTICE
i live in Berkeley and i live close to Telegraph and i like practicyn at PEOPLE'S PARK but i'm tired of sparring burned out hippies
so if any one is intested please hit me up
PEACEnRESPECT
Mike

imjlshaw
08-12-2002, 02:47 PM
Hi Mike,

Not sure I understand what you are looking for. Chi Sau, Free Sparring or padded up sparring? A little more MA history might help and what you call chi sau.

There are a few of us that are looking for other hands to chi sau, but due to various reasons (life intrudes) we have not been getting together recently.

JL

TRON
08-12-2002, 09:17 PM
peace n respect JL
my MA history doesn't go that far all i took iz a couple lessons from a co worker and 4 months with the WT school most the lessons i've been getting have been free sparring with different people what i call
CHI SAU????????????????????
it's probably not the correct term i should be using REMEMBER i'm a baby at this and most of it is HOMEMADE mixed with the LITTLE bit i learned
YES I'M REALY WANTING TO LEARN n SPAR.....the little bit i've learned has been pretty affective i've traded hands with people with alot more years on me [not in wc] and they trip out when i tell em my MA "history" less then a year i mant to grow in WC but i'm a new father and i can't spend money OR time on classes but i realy enjoy it man it teaches me to CALM down and LOOSE my self
so yea that's my history and some what where i'm at so if you want to include me in your sessions i'd be open to it
PEACE
mike
poettron@aol.com

CanadianBadAss
08-13-2002, 12:27 AM
Hey,

I'm in berkly right now, staying at a friends place, it's right across from this food'n save store or somthing. But tomorrow I'll be back in san francisco to explore more, then im going back to davis for the rest of the week till i go home... so ya, don't think that would really work.

imjlshaw
08-14-2002, 11:48 AM
Ok. I'll definately keep you in the loop and will contact you when we end up in the Berkeley area.

You can also contact me via imjlshaw@yahoo.com

All the best!

JL