PDA

View Full Version : Training partner uses grappling skill to win against opponent

Ryu
08-11-2002, 07:20 PM
One of the guys I've been working out with (who has the KF background) has been rolling with me and learning BJJ and shoot styled submission for almost a year now. A few days ago he used his new grappling skills to match up with a guy he worked with who wrestled in high school. My training partner was able to beat him first by tapping him out with just a pin, and the second time around with an armlock.
The guy he was rolling with probably wasn't all that good a wrestler, but my training partner's grappling skill is really improving fast, and kinda goes to show how quickly someone can become proficient with grappling know how.

Not trying to harp on grappling (MY HKE is still working well), but just felt like saying something since it kinda made me smile that the stuff I am training him with helped him win against an opponent. Must be doing something right. :)

Ryu

rogue
08-11-2002, 07:27 PM
A few days ago he used his new grappling skills to match up with a guy he worked with who wrestled in high school. C'mon Ryu, everybody knows and fears the dreaded high school wrestler.:D