PDA

View Full Version : I'm a tai chi hippy now

KC Elbows
08-12-2002, 09:23 AM
Went to practice Sunday, did my practice, then one friend of ours came out and was getting ready to run his class, yang style tai chi. I had played push hands with him a few days before, and had told him how, even though I'd never taken any tai chi, push hands was my reason for taking kung fu. I've played push hands without really knowing what I was doing against everyone I know who's practiced tai chi, and actually do well against most out here, though that is mainly because there's only one or two good schools.

Anyway, this guy is the best push hands player I've personally crossed hands with. So incredibly relaxed, but willing to toss you good if you will play that way.

So, I got done with my practice, and he invited me to take part in his class, so I joined in.

We all did the 108 move form twice(I tried to keep good form, but I'll bet it was way off, as I was always having to crook my head to see what movements he was doing). Then we all played push hands for a long time.

I managed once to do a passable white crane spreads wings, but most of the time, the movement I had the most success with I can't remember the name of, but it reminds me of judo, where you push on the shoulder and pull on the opposing arm to unbalance, though in this case, without physically grabbing.

Of course, against the teacher, I was hopeless, which is why I was willing to take his class. When I went to push his center, he would press against my side and I'd fall. I managed to figure out to wait until the end of his movement to redirect him instead of trying to push him towards the start.

Anyway, I'm now a tai chi hippy. I feel at peace, and soon I will be able to move people from different zip codes merely by breathing in the super secret method known only to a few, mostly other hippies.

Felipe Bido
08-12-2002, 09:34 AM
Don't forget to wear flowery silk PJ's and remember the old mantra: "Kung Fu is for LOOOOOOVE....not for fighting!"

guohuen
08-12-2002, 09:36 AM
Very nice! Now go change your clothes,comb your hair, bathe and wash off some of that d@mn patchouli oil.

GeneChing
08-12-2002, 09:41 AM
I knew you'd fall to us. Now take a puff of this...:cool:

Felipe Bido
08-12-2002, 09:42 AM
Ah....and remember

Find and BUY BUY BUY the Joey Bond's Tai Chi tapes...harmony..peace...looooveeee

rogue
08-12-2002, 09:43 AM
You no tai chi hippie. Real TCH don't like to do push hands, at least not where someone can loose.

KC Elbows
08-12-2002, 10:02 AM
"Don't forget to wear flowery silk PJ's and remember the old mantra: "Kung Fu is for LOOOOOOVE....not for fighting!""

All right, my pj's are red and white. Are these good colors for opening my shaaaakras and sharing my mellowness with the world?

"Very nice! Now go change your clothes,comb your hair, bathe and wash off some of that d@mn patchouli oil."

No need to be so agro. Can't you feel the groovy harmony?

"I knew you'd fall to us. Now take a puff of this..."

Oh sorry, you said just a puff, my bad. Tell you what, next time I get some, I'll call. I promise.

"You no tai chi hippie. Real TCH don't like to do push hands, at least not where someone can loose."

Hey, it's OK to be loose in tai chi. Let me light some incense, you've got some negative energy there blocking your shaaaaakras.

:D

BTW, tai chi straight sword is verra verra cool.

old jong
08-12-2002, 03:04 PM
Don't forget to practice on new age music!

KC Elbows
08-12-2002, 03:08 PM
I was practicing to enya, but it was just too hard sounding, so I switched to some nice George Winston. I think it's improved my tai chi immeasurably.

Shadow Dragon
08-12-2002, 04:08 PM
KC.

True TCH get stoned before the workout so that can be more "in tune" with everything.

Peace

P.S.: Welcome to the dark side. Harharhar

Maboroshi
08-12-2002, 05:42 PM
thank you for the advice, Ill soon be a genuine Tai Chi Hippi too.

Then we can all go and light it up together.

GeneChing
08-13-2002, 09:13 AM
Alright KC, you've outed yourself. No self respecting hippy would listen to Enya or Winston. Obviously you've confused hippies with new agers. New agers wear feather earrings and dress like Stevie Nicks at a renn faire. Hippies are more tye-dye and jeans kinda folk. Try doing your taiji to some Hendrix, Dylan, Joplin or good old Grateful Dead. Oh, and swallow this little piece of paper. :D

guohuen
08-13-2002, 12:29 PM
Let's not forget Country Joe.

KC Elbows
08-13-2002, 12:38 PM
Wow, the colors.

Thanks for the help, Gene. When I master this tai chi thing(maybe a year or two) I'll make sure to call my system "Dog Star style Tai Chi" in honor of your good work.

I'm so confused. Do I go New Age tai chi, or hippy tai chi? This is an important part of my martial development.

Chang Style Novice
08-13-2002, 03:30 PM
I recommend packing on 300-400 lbs, living in a muddy riverbed, and practicing hippo tai chi.

fa_jing
08-14-2002, 08:56 AM
ROTFLMAO

GeneChing
08-14-2002, 10:04 AM
Well, you can make a lot more money in the new age, but you can apply it more as a hippy. Bruce Lee was a hippy. David Carradine is new age. The choice is yours. And take a bite of this brownie...

KC Elbows
08-14-2002, 10:12 AM
Thanks.

[rumagging around Gene's flop house]

Hey, this thing says it's for tobacco use only. I didn't know you were a smoker.

rubthebuddha
08-14-2002, 04:02 PM
i guess this thread really helps explain Gene's afro from a few years ago. :)

The Willow Sword
08-14-2002, 04:08 PM
these hippi tai chi schools **** me off. feel the love all arouunnnd youuuuu. place the crystal in your anus and now lets move to the music of Kitaro. and remember your dues friends ,200 dollars for this week. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!****!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Nick Lo
08-14-2002, 04:16 PM
But TWS, what have you done for the world today?

rubthebuddha
08-14-2002, 04:18 PM
he's apparently gotten really really high, judging by his even-more-****ed-up-than-usual posts.

The Willow Sword
08-14-2002, 04:26 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...:confused: .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................:( .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................:eek: WAIT A MOMENT!........................sigh nope havent done anything today for the world:p

Nick Lo
08-14-2002, 04:30 PM
Its ok TWS. Just wanted to make sure you were keeping to your current trend of posting senseless BS that you say you do, yet do the complete opposite. We have to make sure that you are on track. Wouldn't want you to slip from your internalists path.

Shaolin Do is love

GeneChing
08-14-2002, 05:37 PM
KC: How do you tell if a deadhead has been in your house?
He's still there. Mind if i crash onyour couch for a while? And take a whiff of this....

rtb: I've never had an afro. Chinese hair doesn't really fro, it perms, but it doesn't fro. Too bad. I could dread, but my boss here barely tolerates my long hair. Besides I recently cut the dreads of a rasta friend of mine and that convinced me to avoid them in this lifetime.

tws: kitaro is new age. Why can't you people tell the difference? It's like calling Kung Fu Karate.

fa_jing
08-14-2002, 07:54 PM
My mother tells me that she used to lodge with some hippies that did things like take a dump in the middle of the living room. Free your bowels, man!!!

SevenStar
08-14-2002, 07:59 PM
I'd free my foot right up their a$$ if they did that and I lived there.

Serpent
08-14-2002, 08:36 PM
I hear ya, Gene. All these wannabe's that think they know hippies. Gonna have to go now, I'm tripping to that cool guitar solo at the end of Comfortably Numb.

Before I go, have a cup of this tea. It's kinda earthy, but it's soooo gooood.

Serpent
08-14-2002, 09:09 PM
Hey you! Gene! Be careful with that axe!

Heh heh heh!

Man, where's the papers, man?

rubthebuddha
08-15-2002, 09:56 AM
gene,

i have a chinese roommate, and he's a heavy sleeper. i'd argue with you on that "chinese hair doesn't fro" thing. :D

and besides, even wushu says you had a happy fro, and i've seen some of your old articles in which you had a few pictures of yourself with your peeps back across the pond. that looked pretty fro-ey to me. sure, it wasn't all compact like a true afro, but the strands you had were definitely out there.

;)

fa_jing
08-15-2002, 12:30 PM
When I was young (until 10 or so), I used to have a "Jewfro"

KC Elbows
08-15-2002, 12:34 PM

GeneChing
08-15-2002, 03:34 PM
Sevenstar, I'm with you. Defecating anywhere excpet the socially codoned area is worthy of a good butt kick. After all, that's what I got into kungfu for. :D

fajing, did that jew-fro come after a misstep in the living room?

Serpent, you know it, man. Got to keep the loonies off the grass.

RTB, you must be confusing me with someone else. My hair has never been kinky enough for an afro. And I suppose I should state that I would have probably tried to afro if I could do it. :eek:

wufupaul
08-15-2002, 03:56 PM
Man, if I come away from a push hands tourney smelling like darn patchouli oil one more time, I'm gonna bring a hose and shower them before I push with them, :mad: :D

GeneChing
08-15-2002, 04:05 PM
Next time I'm called to push, I'm greasing up with a bucket of patchouli. :p

Serpent
08-15-2002, 06:24 PM
I find that idea strangely disturbing and arousing at the same time! :eek:

Chang Style Novice
08-15-2002, 07:44 PM
Interesting idea: the sissier you smell, the more likely to discomfort your opponent and cause him to underestimate you.

I'll wear a garland of fresh lavender to check this idea out.

Serpent
08-15-2002, 08:11 PM
So, patchouli oil, garland of lavender.

What about also a set of pink silk Chinese clothes, some of those little black slippers, but with flowers of sequins sewn in and daisies woven into your hair? Perhaps also a large OM medallion and always be accompanied by a Phish soundtrack.

Then beat six shades of snot out of your opponent once the psychological advantage has set in!

GeneChing
08-16-2002, 04:38 PM
My yard is full of it. Never thought of it's martial capabilities. You learn so much on this forum....:rolleyes:

guohuen
08-16-2002, 09:00 PM
Your opponent would laugh themselves into submission.

rubthebuddha
08-16-2002, 10:13 PM
either that or sneeze. both work.

The Willow Sword
08-17-2002, 01:23 PM
and get a real job,,,clean your act up and dont be a slob,,,get it together like your big brother bob,,,,get a haircut and get a real job.............:p

To all my fans here

DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

mANY RESPECTS, The Willow Sword

fa_jing
08-19-2002, 10:11 AM
So, who else here took up the study of Kung-Fu after reading the splendid section on self-defense Kara-Te techniques found in the classic "Steal this Book" by Abbie Hoffman?

GeneChing
08-19-2002, 10:18 AM
I'll have to steal another copy of that book. I totally forgot about that part. But as they say, "if you can remember the sixties, you weren't really there..."

fa_jing
08-19-2002, 12:54 PM
I got so excited when I read "steal this book" by Abbie Hoffman that I took a dump in the middle of my living room. Then my mom put her foot up my ass. That's why I'm studying to be a ninja now, to flip out and kick her in the head. Afterwards, I plan to commit Hara-Kare by swallowing a frisbee. Our family will need to save face after all of this.

rubthebuddha
08-19-2002, 01:43 PM
ah, the frisbee unfolding in the throat ceremony. there is NO other, more dignified way to die and bring your family honor.

none.

The Willow Sword
08-19-2002, 01:44 PM
leeeeeeet the sunshine in the suuuunn shine innnnn

leeeeeeeeeeeeeeet the sunshine leeeeeeeeet the sunshine leeeeett the sunshine in the suuuuuunn shine innn.

rubthebuddha
08-19-2002, 03:53 PM
TWS -- i'm still waiting for word on what you're high on. you've been loopier than a matchbox racecar track for the last month.

Nexus
08-19-2002, 04:13 PM
He must have been taught Iron Crotch Chi Kung. :D

rubthebuddha
08-19-2002, 04:16 PM
pobrecito willow sword. :(

fa_jing
08-22-2002, 01:35 PM
ttt for KC. Any comments on the Chicago 7? 1968 Democratic convention? J. Edgard Hoover in Drag?