PDA

View Full Version : KFO training

SevenStar
08-12-2002, 01:32 PM
I spent the weekend training with MonkeySlapToo, fa_jing and WaterDragon. We put in a good 18 hours between friday and sunday afternoon. I met Royal Dragon too, but he skipped out on training (slacker :) ) He did come eat with us Saturday evening though. All in all, we had a great time, and the Korean BBQ was great, wasn't it WD?

Royal Dragon
08-12-2002, 01:45 PM
I was out with you Friday, and came back Sunday.

You missed the Chung Moo video's. It was a good laugh!!!

I was ther till about midnight at Myungs Sunday till Myung fell asleep and Monkey Slap kind of kicked us out. I then spent about 2 hours bs'n with Paul on Myung's front lawn.
The next "National Confference" will be right before Thanks Giving, See Ya there!!!

neptunesfall
08-12-2002, 01:48 PM
sounds awesome.
where was this at?
what kinds of things did you guys train?

Water Dragon
08-12-2002, 01:52 PM
:eek:

Just don't tell Myoung, mmmkay?

SevenStar
08-12-2002, 02:08 PM
our secret man.

Neptune's fall, it was a shuai chiao seminar - mainly. Some of us did some other things too, but it was mainly shuai chiao. It was in a burb near chicago.

I missed the videos? bring em next time.

I didn't actually get back home till after 10pm - I got bumped off the first flight and had to sit at the airport 3 hours waitin on the next plane. One of the girls in departures was messin with me though, so It wasn't so bad

fa_jing
08-12-2002, 02:38 PM
Hi, wassup everybody!! Oh, the pain....my neck and legs are killing me. Ibuprofen baby!
P.S. I think that Korean BBQ is the best restaurant in Chicago. You just have to make sure you eat the right things. Plus it helps if you like sushi.

I've got a new 2-hour long training video maybe I can share it or parts with you guys. I suck a little, I've decided. Fortunately I can still put the smack down on some Karate guys, LOL.

SevenStar
08-12-2002, 03:01 PM
training vid? what's on it?

KungFuGuy!
08-12-2002, 04:26 PM
Korean BBQ, eh? How did you enjoy your ****er spaniel?

Maboroshi
08-12-2002, 05:38 PM
next time I am coming over too...

fa_jing
08-12-2002, 06:24 PM
First there's a few minutes of clip with a sparring session between Sifu's Milan and Lera. Wing Chun vs. 7-star Mantis. Milan is one of William Chueng's top guys, he's from Brazil and will be opening his school in Sifu Lera's kwoon. The footage is pretty good. Then I've got 1 sparring session from a year ago, followed by tapes of us doing our airsheild drill and working punching on the heavy bags. That's followed by 2 more sparring sessions, the second of which includes some body tap work with my teacher's old training partner. Then there's the footage we have from the tournament a couple weeks ago.

I have to talk to my teacher before giving out copies, but I'm sure I'll figure it out for next time you guys are up here. I'm sure he'd like a trade or something.

SevenStar
08-12-2002, 08:05 PM
I'm very aware of the fact that they cook dog - one of my friends got bitten by a dog when he was younger. He told his uncle about it, and his uncle asked him to show him the dog. They eventually found it, and his uncle killed and cooked it.

TaoBoy
08-12-2002, 08:27 PM
Okay my Aussie boys 'n girls - we need our own training conference.

Any takers?

Serpent
08-12-2002, 08:28 PM
I'll be more or less in Sydney for the next few weeks at least, but I'm not going to organise anything! ;)

Let me know which yum cha restaurant y'all want to start the day in!

SevenStar
08-12-2002, 08:41 PM
copycats.:p

Serpent
08-12-2002, 09:04 PM
No, you underestimate the disorganised attitude of antipodeans.

It will fall into the "she'll be right, mate" basket which means that nobody will organise anything and probably, one day, by sheer luck, two of us might bump into each other in a pub, have a beer or ten and call it the great KFO Aussie Get Together.

Royal Dragon
08-12-2002, 09:24 PM
LOL!!!

Royal Dragon
08-12-2002, 09:25 PM
Do you EVER check your PM's??

bystander
08-12-2002, 10:12 PM
yeh im up for an aussie training session

Serpent
08-12-2002, 10:14 PM
Where are you?

(Not that I'm organising anything!)

TaoBoy
08-12-2002, 10:17 PM
Now the important question relating to an Aussie get together - apart from the logistics like how, when and where - is: who's gonna bring the beer?

Serpent
08-12-2002, 10:30 PM
Well, everyone, of course!

fa_jing
08-13-2002, 09:23 AM
I finally completed a sneeze this morning. :) I was actually unable to sneeze prior because the front of my neck was spasming. This is basically due to my existing upper back problems, which were exacerbated because I wasn't always tucking my chin when I fell. I'll work on it. Same thing happened to me when I sparred Waterdragon, sort of a whiplash effect.

MonkeySlap Too
08-13-2002, 10:47 AM
Well, I just made it back. United had me sitting on the runway for hours last night, so it was hit the shower and straight to work for me. I could use some sleep!

It's funny though - there was a pro baseball guy on my flight - we lived nearby each other so we split a cab ride - he picked up the tab. It was a nice gesture, but then I did pull him out of the end of a LONG line.

It was great seeing everyone again, or for the first time. Thanks to everyone who made the effort to come out, and also to Brian Eble at the Golden Mountain for hosting me. He's pretty darn good ain't he?

There are some fine people on this KFO board.

It was a good time, for fearless people ;)

ewallace
08-13-2002, 10:57 AM
and also to Brian Eble at the Golden Mountain for hosting me. He's pretty darn good ain't he He was 12 years ago. I can only imagine how he is now. I am going to try to go back up to IL/Naperville next summer. Hopefully you guys will be doing another seminar and I can schedule my trip around it.

See if you Aussies can find such a high quality establishment as GMKFA to hold your event in.

fa_jing
08-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by MonkeySlap Too
He's pretty darn good ain't he?

Yes but can he teach invisibility? Does he have astral spies?
Inquiring minds want to know. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

fa_jing
08-13-2002, 11:49 AM
Hey Slappy next time I'm going to have to have my sifu meet you and the rest of the crew. You seem to share the love of contact. I bet you've run across a lot of the same people in the area, too. How long has it been since you moved out to the West Coast?

MonkeySlap Too
08-13-2002, 04:11 PM
Fa Jing

I left Chicago around '98. I know a lot of folks, but there are also a lot of folks I don't know....

I'll look forward to meeting your sifu. He sounds like a cool guy. As you may have noticed I'm not really into the whole 'virtual tough guy' / confucian social structure scene typical of a lot of martial artists. It gets in the way of making friends and learning. So yeah, bring him down - if not to the seminar - to the drinking afterwards.

eWallace
Well, as I've become thier official Shuai Chiao coach over at GM, and now two of my top students are teaching the Shuai Chiao curriculum as part of the GM training (which really thrills me, it's a great school, so I feel honored), there will be a schedule coming out for the entire next year - so you'll be able to plan accordingly. I think you'll be really impressed by the direction the GM has gone.

SevenStar
08-13-2002, 08:42 PM
I agree - great school. I look forward to getting back up there and training with WD, MJ, lil joe and everyone at GM

bystander
08-14-2002, 01:04 AM
Perth, Western Australia

bystander
08-15-2002, 12:59 AM
am i the only west aussie here?