PDA

View Full Version : abular

Wu Wei
08-13-2002, 11:19 PM
Boy, its been a long time since I posted here. And what better to return with than a quetion?

I have this muscular region in the center of my abs that I cant get rid of. It prevents me from having a vertical line between my left and right abs. What can I do to get rid of that? Its really iritating working to have nice abs only to have this muscular spot in the middle making my belly look less chiseled.
From what I understand, I simply hypertrophied the center area and hence, It grew back big muscles.... But is there anything I can do about it now?

Wu Wei
08-16-2002, 10:51 PM
forgetaboutit... right, i'll try that.
thanks.

seriously, you're right, my abs are in pretty good shape, so im grateful, but as we all know, its not a bad thing to look good on top of that.

thanks again

IronFist
08-17-2002, 01:33 PM
have this muscular region in the center of my abs that I cant get rid of. It prevents me from having a vertical line between my left and right abs. What can I do to get rid of that? Its really iritating working to have nice abs only to have this muscular spot in the middle making my belly look less chiseled.
From what I understand, I simply hypertrophied the center area and hence, It grew back big muscles.... But is there anything I can do about it now?

Uh, yeah. Well, you can't cause hypertrophy in one area of a muscle, so that's not it.

It's probably your genetics. Some people have a 4 pack, other's have a 6 pack, apparently you have a fin or something in the middle :)

Sorry, that was mean. Ok. I can think of a few things.

1. It's not really muscle and your bodyfat isn't quite as low as you think it is. Remember, there are two parts to getting a sixpack. First, you need to build up your abs a bit, and second, you need low enough bodyfat to see them.

2. This is the shape of your abs, but maybe you hypertrophied the whole muscle (remember you can't do just part of a muscle). Have you been doing a lot of weighted crunches or anything? The only thing I can think of would be to detrain them (ie. no more hypertrophy), which doesn't mean you'll lose strength, just size.

What's your ab training look like?

Are you saying that you have a ripped six pack except for in the middle? Like you can see the edges and stuff? Do you have hair in the way? I dunno.

IronFist

Wu Wei
08-17-2002, 04:31 PM
Im not hairy. Im not "ripped" but i can easily see the sides of my abs, and I have horizontal lines between sections of my abs so theyre in decent shape overall. I have some fat over my abs but very little, and I dont think thats the cause of it since I can feel the center part of my abs harden when I flex.

As for my routine: its been sporadic and random lately, since ive been trying to find a workout that wont cause this problem. Ive been doing way less ab work since this appeared. I used to do twisting crunches and straight crunches (50 of each) and id also do some bicyle crunches. I tried weighted crunches for a short while but i hardly used any weight and I did it for a month and then quit.

Ive been thinking that its just genetic lately. I may try losing what little fat I have just so I can get a better look at 'em.

Thanks for the input:)