PDA

View Full Version : Taichi Mantis?

I.M. Toast
08-13-2002, 11:21 PM
Hi:
I have seen the phase "taichi mantis" mentioned a number of times in various forums. What is it?

Thanks,

I.M. Toast

Frogman
08-14-2002, 06:13 AM
Good Question

Tai Chi mantis and Plum Flower Tai Chi mantis are two of the twelve styles of Praying Mantis. I have not heard much about either and would also be interested in information on them. Also of the twelve PM styles are they all still intact and how many can be found in the US? :confused:

RiBHit
fm

mantisben
08-14-2002, 09:42 AM
Hi All,

Are Tai-Chi Tang Lang, Mei Hua Tang Lang, and Tai-Chi Mei Hua Tang Lang 3 seperate styles?

Dak'kon
08-14-2002, 12:27 PM
Well i basicly just want to know evrything there is to know about the praying mantis styles(The praying mantis is my favourite animal you see?)
Aparantly there's twelve of them, What are the main diferences, And is anyone one of them better than anny other?
And can anny of them(and if so witch ones) be learned in europe?(Specificly The Netherlands)
Anny bit of nfo on the praying mantis styles will be verry welkome.
Thanx in advance!

RAF
08-14-2002, 12:55 PM
http://www.prayingmantisboxing.com/

This guy (Ilya) is one of the smartest guys on the history and styles of praying mantis.

I briefly met him at our first Hall of Fame tournament (98) and he played a very decent 6 harmony praying mantis form.

He has got a section on all the different styles.

TaoBoy
08-14-2002, 08:40 PM
I thought Taiji Tang Lang and Plum Blossom Tang Lang were the same style under different names?

[Of course I have been known to make mistakes....from time to time.]

Dak'kon
08-15-2002, 03:53 AM
Another site i had found with a seartch engine but didnt look at because i had already visited so manny sites.
I wil go there and see what i can find out.
You have my gratitude!

mantis108
08-15-2002, 12:33 PM
Tai Chi (Cantonese) and Taiji (Mandarin) is the same thing but different Pinyin. Outside of China, TaiChi Mantis is most of the time refers to Grandmaster Chiu Chuk Kai's lineage, which has different flavor to the Taiji Praying Mantis (ie Sifu Profatilov's lineage) practiced in Shangdong, China. Forms for the most part are pretty much the same ones. So today, stylists of Grandmaster Chiu lineage would use CCK TCPM as the style's short hand although TJPM is often used as well. To find out more about TJPM family of styles, please check our forum.

Mantis108

PS. I have put a link with my signature. Please click on the link to visit the forum.