PDA

View Full Version : What form would you "invent"-weapon or non-weapon.

orion_steel
08-14-2002, 01:54 AM
fun question
assuming that you have the skill, knowledge, training, and experience and you wanted to create your own form, what would it be?

would it be modeled after an animal, idea, character, ect?

I think that maybe i would make a captain america's sheild form (hehehe)

or perhapes the Griffon or Golden T-rex.:p

Former castleva
08-14-2002, 02:32 AM
Fancy qúestion.
Griffon form...you mean like the dog?
Golden T-Rex,dinosaurs should certainly have their own styles,few animals posses the strength and spirit they do (bad thing we did not exist those days,or is it...)
When it still comes to animals I would like to have kasuari form.
"Kasuari" is a bird that exists in Australia and Guinea,it may live up to two metres,has freaky eagle-like claws and a very strong jump kick related to them,deadly bird.
Here´s one half-hearted picture I´ve found of it:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/4682826/4684633OktodZXKgE That´s about them,I guess.

Maybe some sort of vital point striking form.

:)

Helicopter
08-14-2002, 02:45 AM
I don't think I could add to the existing open hand forms out there.

But for weapon forms maybe:

Medieval Mace-and-Chain (flail) with Broadsword.

or

Cross and Stake ('Buffy' Style {and yes I know I'm sad.})

NPMantis
08-14-2002, 03:11 AM
Mine would have to be a very close-range form using short techniques, based on using fast grabs and short strikes and blocks.

Oh, it would be called the 'Insane Mantis Form', ha ha.

SDriver
08-14-2002, 06:20 AM
Mine would involve using perkygoth girls. It would probably also involve fighting of some sort.

{i^(
08-14-2002, 06:59 AM
While we're fantasizing, maybe a very modern thing, like one that uses a pistol in one hand, the other free.

I guess it would focus on controlling, trapping, cuffing, some point attacks (pistol whipping?), counters (disarming, breakaways, target and snap shooting), possible crowd situations.

guohuen
08-14-2002, 09:12 AM
I was so distracted by the perkygoth girls idea that I can't think of anything else.

Fu-Pow
08-14-2002, 09:55 AM
Double Screwdrivers (phillips head of course) vs. Broom- two man weapon set set

orion_steel
08-14-2002, 11:58 AM
wow, that did look like a very funnny....you laught at it.....and dangerous....then it kills you....kinda bird.

some very good answers.

i had thought about some cool .45 pistol witha jian form or something like that.

I saw a guy on the discovery channel once that went around giving classes on classical european (i still think that is a funny word :D ) weapons. Stuff like the flail, saddle sword, claymore, all that cool stuff from movies. I would like to take some of his classes and incorporate them into a couple of forms.

just a thought

:p

NPMantis
08-14-2002, 12:15 PM
Bicycle vs. Sock

The Willow Sword
08-14-2002, 03:24 PM
a style that incorporated really terrible f@rts.
the training would include a diet of green chile queso and eggs.

many Respects,,The Willow Sword

wushu chik
08-14-2002, 04:29 PM
Ask Sin The'....he's already thought up all the forms that you could possibly think of. Do we REALLY NEED ANYMORE?? :D

~Wen~

orion_steel
08-14-2002, 06:09 PM
I know for a personal fact that Sin The does not make up forms like that........but i will take that in the spirit of humor :D
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

SevenStar
08-14-2002, 06:22 PM
Iron army ant

wushu chik
08-15-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by orion_steel
I know for a personal fact that Sin The does not make up forms like that

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I ain't buying it!!

~Wen~

anton
08-15-2002, 01:44 AM
Two man form:

Knife and fork vs chopsticks

Three man form:

Rock vs paper vs scissors

rubthebuddha
08-15-2002, 09:06 AM
a friend of mine who skated on longboards used to study at the hung gar/choy lay fut school in town. he asked his sifu to make up a weapons form for the board, but his sifu said no.

:(