PDA

View Full Version : What Snake Kung Fu and Crane Kung Fu Hand Techniques are in Wing Chun ?

FIRE HAWK
08-14-2002, 03:30 AM
What Snake Kung fu and Crane Kung Fu hand techniques are in Wing Chun what are some of the techniques that come from these two kung Fu styles that are in Wing Chun ?

tiger_1
08-14-2002, 05:47 AM
my friend w.c. its born from animal texnics of kung fu ,snake and eagle have own position in w.c. but just that position tho atact central line ,allso tiger have one position in w.c. but that basic tiger position in w.c. its little (hands its close ) and have same road suport for atact line in w.c. - just friendly tiger_1:) - (all my w.c. its make and born of just three positions tiger-snake-eagle just one positions from that three and all three that positions have inside hiden bong sao for suport and conections )

FIRE HAWK
08-14-2002, 06:06 AM
What is your Wing Chun lineage is it Yip Man or a other version of Wing Chun ?

tiger_1
08-14-2002, 06:28 AM
my friend im dnt know are im from jip m. lineage cose im born in 1972 year ,but are jip man lineage work wing chun in positions ? (im thinks its traning forms not positions), im traning three positions for atact to center line and im have speading of intonjutsy (many picture in same time )- but dnt worry here its one strong kung fu spirit - just friendly tiger_1:)

FIRE HAWK
08-14-2002, 06:59 AM
Is it possiable that your Wing Chun is Wing Chun from Veitnam ,Vietnam Wing Chun has alot of animal techniques and things like that in there Wing chun .

Tristan
08-14-2002, 07:55 AM
None. (in our lineage)

T.

wingchunalex
08-15-2002, 09:41 AM
bong sau-wing arm-crain
tan sau- crain probably, snake?
fook sau- crain
bil sau-snake
bai jong- crain (i saw this exact hand position in the crain section of the five animals book from doc fai wong, cool!)
pak sau- crain?
jom sau-snake? or crain?
gaun sau-snake? crain?

wingchunalex
08-15-2002, 09:41 AM
bong sau-wing arm-crain
fook sau- crain
bil sau-snake
bai jong- crain (i saw this exact hand position in the crain section of the five animals book from doc fai wong, cool!)
pak sau- crain?
jom sau-snake? or crain?
gaun sau-snake? crain?
others probably, but thats all i can think of now.

fa_jing
08-15-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by wingchunalex
bong sau-wing arm-crain
fook sau- crain
bil sau-snake
pak sau- crain?
jom sau-snake? or crain?
gaun sau-snake? crain?

To me the fook sau is more like a dog pawing motion, some say there's a fox-style influence in WC?? Just speculating, of course.
What I really want to know is, where does the Wing Chun way of punching come from?

yuanfen
08-15-2002, 09:59 AM
Suggest not getting lost in the animal world. Other styles have animal forms. Mainstream wing chun does not. Left those behind in its evolution.If you start
dreaming you can see the crane, the fox, the snake, the horse(ma), the goat, the mouse(quick step)........but if you cant do the human wing chun motions----whats the use of dreaming?

wingchunalex
08-16-2002, 06:18 PM
my thinking is that the punch might have come from the 5 plum blossom style ng mui did. i don't really know, im just guessing, and maybe the turning and yee jee kim yeung ma came from there to?

FIRE HAWK
08-16-2002, 07:44 PM
Maybe the punch itself comes from the Lohan style the Lohan style is older than Wing Chun i have seen the Arrow fist in Lohan kung fu .

Jeff Preston
08-16-2002, 11:05 PM
Chi Sau must be snake and crane in constant battle. I think you guys are really on to something. Maybe a new style? Animal Wing Chun.

yuanfen
08-16-2002, 11:37 PM
Aren't there nine blind men looking for it?
Gotta be there somewhere... maybe the stomp kick?
Or perhaps the head butt?

Matrix
08-17-2002, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by yuanfen
Aren't there nine blind men looking for it?
Gotta be there somewhere... maybe the stomp kick?
Or perhaps the head butt? :D :D Bingo!!!
Matrix