PDA

View Full Version : No_Know did not ever use Babblefish

No_Know
08-14-2002, 03:53 AM
No_Know did not ever use Babblefish.

Choke
08-14-2002, 04:10 AM
I used Babblefish for a while. We would smoke some and sit around in a circle and feel the vibe man.......no wait.........that was.........oh darn.........

Cody
08-14-2002, 08:32 AM
Are they Salt Water or Fresh??? :confused:

Honestly never heard of Babblefish. Maybe I'm getting in over my head here.

Cody

Hau Tien
08-14-2002, 08:35 AM
I'm thinking he's referring to babelfish.altavista.com

I could be wrong, though.

It's an online translation page... pretty cool... if not 100% accurate;)

Asia
08-14-2002, 08:40 AM
Yes he is refering to the Altavista translator or he some how found one while Hickhiking across the Universe!:D

The translations are good but the are FAR from being 100% accurate. It suffers from the same flaws many translating software do. But it does give you enough info to get the jist of whats going on. I also love the fact you can translate whole websites so easily. It is way better than many other software in this feild.

No_Know
08-14-2002, 09:07 AM
When I used to post on kungfuonline.com it was indicated that my writing was hard to understand. Some respected poster claimed 'd figured out why my writing was like that. The claim was relevant to, as Asia mentioned a translation type webpage or some-such called something like babblefish. I presume Asia's mention is spot on.

Truth be told, I didn't use it or any such to post as I had written.

As far as hitchhiking, I didn't get far. I Stopped at some resteraunt. While sitting on the toilet I pondered. And by the time it was time to wipe I had a Sat-ori, forty-two. I lost my guide in an old English policebox. Tripped on a mulitcolored scarf. And noticed multiple gelitin molds of babies. Venus d'Milo or a sister planet to Earth was on half a clam's shell. And a murderous Trout type-Cast me. The big cocheroach said Why (k)not. I said to not hang loose.

References: Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy series; Zen; Dr. Who; Venus on the Half-Shell by Kil(?)gore Trout; and oxymoron; sarchasm~.

If it doesn't make sense don't worry too much about it. If it's pleasantly silly, enjoy. Advice to be taken in every instance, perhaps. Some-might say some-such very good.

Bolt
08-14-2002, 09:07 AM
It's the best "free" translator I've run across. Definitely not accurate, but as stated already, gives you the jist of the content.

Anybody seen something better for Chinese (free) ?

Cody
08-14-2002, 10:20 AM
Well, for the record, I think No_Know has a poetic mind and heart. I mean this nicely and with sincerity.

I will admit to being difficult to understand at times as well, though my writing style is different from his. So, I recognize that a person can have radically different modes of expression. The very abstract or poetic ones can be difficult to align into a different thought pattern for translation into what we would call everyday English.

Tell ya what. No_Know is the one who got me to correct some of my sloppy thinking, in terms of not defining what I was talking about. It was a way of making progress thru difficult topics. But, there comes a time, especially when communicating with others, when you need to state what you mean, even when you're not completely sure (admitting that, of course).

Cody