PDA

View Full Version : Passing of a Wing Chun Martial Artist and Friend

John Weiland
08-14-2002, 09:12 AM
I regret that an early U.S. student and teacher of Wong Shun Leung Wing Chun, and most of all, a friend, Wing Chun martial artist and teacher, Jerry McKinley passed away Monday morning of an apparent heart attack. Jerry was 54.

Jerry taught at his school, Southern California Wing Chun in Anaheim, California, USA. http://southerncaliforniawingchun.com/

I had the good fortune to meet Jerry several years ago when he came to San Jose Wing Chun and met with Ben Der and his students.

Jerry's knowledge of Wing Chun and his fellow practitioners was
extraordinary.

His sense of decency and honor, his humor, and his pithy insights will be missed along with his good heart and the comradery we shared.

San Jose Wing Chun's Ben Der is taking up a collection for the family of Jerry and Karin McKinley to send with our condolences. If you would like to help, send a donation to the McKinley family at the following address.

Memorial announcement for Jerry McKinley
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Family and Friends,

Please join us for a Celebration of Life in remembrance of Jerry McKinley.

Date: Thursday August 15, 2002

Time: 5:30pm

315 Knott Ave.
Anaheim, CA.

Reception to follow at the McKinley residence
2653 W. Stanley Ave.
Anaheim, Ca. 92801

In lieu of flowers or gifts, contributions to the family will be graciously accepted.

God Bless
-----------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Rolling_Hand
08-14-2002, 12:45 PM
Condolences to all who will be missing him...

Roger

anerlich
08-14-2002, 04:00 PM
Sorry to hear that. Sympathy to those close to Jerry.

David Peterson
08-14-2002, 04:59 PM
My sincere condolences to the Family & Friends....while I never had the opportunity of meeting Jerry, we did correspond in recent times and he came across as a very nice fellow indeed.
Rest in Peace.
DMP

Sihing73
08-14-2002, 06:49 PM
Hello,

I never had the privilige of knowing Sifu Jerry McKinley. However I would like to extend my condolences to the family, friends and students. Too rarely we are blessed to meet a true master and friend. It is even sadder when such a person is taken from our company.

To those who knew and loved Sifu Mckinley my deepest sympathy. You will be in my prayers, and doubtless the prayers of many others.

Peace,

Dave

Hendrik
08-17-2002, 06:44 AM
HI John,

It seems like only yesterday that when we had lunched and great talked with Jerry in LA.

life is short ...

Prayer for Jerry. Amitaba Buddha.

Hendrik