PDA

View Full Version : Ilya Profatilov's Taiji PM video tape

Tainan Mantis
08-15-2002, 01:17 AM
Hi all,
Good news for all you PM lovers. Ilya is in the final stages of his historical PM overview tape. Filming is done and all that is left are some voice overs and minor edits.

The tape is called "Grand Ultimate Praying Mantis Boxing(historical overview of one of the oldest Praying Mantis styles)".

The tape covers a history of GUPM and takes you on a journey through the historical locations where PM was developed and taught. Many rare photos and footage of GUPM are included.

The second part is an overview of the system. Footage of all GUPM empty-hand and weapons forms are included. This part is NOT INSTRUCTIONAL, but an overview of all the forms. All forms in this part are not complete, but are of a survey type, just enough for one to get a good idea.

The final section is a short part on PM applications and short promo footage of the upcoming survey tapes on Six Harmonies PM and Seven Star PM.

Length 45 minutes.

Since a lot of people on this board show a strong interest in other PM styles besides their own I feel this tape will help satisfy our cravings as well as provide a good reference for future discussions on PM.

BeiTangLang
08-15-2002, 05:11 AM
let us know when it is ready for sale. Untill then, I will remove advertising posts.

TaiChiStorm
08-15-2002, 09:06 AM
I am very intersted in the video!!!
What language is used on the tape??

mantis108
08-15-2002, 11:32 AM
Hi Tainan Mantis

Thanks for the info. I have copied and pasted this on my forum as well just in case it 's been removed.

Hi BeiTangLang,

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards

Mantis108

ursa major
08-17-2002, 12:09 PM
Hello Tainan Mantis,

Thx for making a post I would be very interested in these PM tapes. Any idea when the 7 Star video will be ready ?

thx in advance,
UM.

NorthernMantis
08-17-2002, 08:00 PM
Hi guys I'm wondering is this taiji praying mantis as the same as CCK's praying mantis?

mantis108
08-18-2002, 02:59 PM
Northern Mantis,

Grandmaster Chiu's TJPM and Sifu Profatilov's TJPM can be both traced back to the same source Grandmaster Liang Xue Xiang (1810 - ? CE ). GM Chiu and Sifu Profatilov are of different lineages in the TJPM. GM Chiu, himself, also have Taizu Men (Duan Da) and Taiji styles influences. So CCK TCPM reflects this fact plus his experience of teaching in Ching Wu association. According to Sifu Profatilov who have seen both lineages' materials, most of the Mantis forms are pretty much the same forms; however, there are some differences in flavor and in emphasis.

Mantis108

NorthernMantis
08-18-2002, 03:05 PM
Thanks a lot.

Tainan Mantis
08-20-2002, 12:38 AM
Taichi Storm,
The tape is in English.

ursa major,
No idea when the 7* tape will be ready. Maybe you could go over to the Taiji Meihua PM forum and tell them to hurry up with the filming and editing.

TaiChiStorm
08-20-2002, 04:07 AM
Tainan Mantis,
I am very glad to hear that!! (Russian would be too rough to learn for me I guess)
I would be definatly interested in the video!!! There is another thing:
I was thinking about open a new threat about any books or media on Praying Mantis (TJPM) at all!! A senior student asked me to do that, because you know, there is absolutely NOTHING offered here in Germany about Tanglang!! We have heeps of this wing Chun stuff only. :mad:
Perhaps you can help me already.
Greets
TCS

mantis108
08-20-2002, 11:06 AM
Hi TaiChiStorm,

About recent materials on PM, have you considered getting Tainan Mantis's "Babu Lienhaun Quan" video? Also there is Grandmaster Chiu's (CCK TCPM) Wooden Dummy book. So there you are 2 items for your PM collection. :) Should Sifu Profatilov's stuff come out, there will be 3 or 4 items already. Personally, I think you have come to the right place (KFO Mantis forum) since there are these otherwise not publicly sold items.

Anyway, just some thoughts. If you have them already, good for you. :D

Regards

Mantis108

phantom
08-21-2002, 01:33 PM
Tainan Mantis, could you please tell me how much the video is? Also, what address would anyone interested in buying the video have to send the money to? Thanks in advance.

Tainan Mantis
08-21-2002, 04:22 PM
My video is 40$.
e-mail me at -
kevinbrazier@yahoo.com

I don't have the details for Ilya's yet as it is not ready.

Tainan Mantis
09-02-2002, 11:39 PM
Hi all,
There is more info on Ilya's upcoming video.
It also includes an mpeg of the video itself.

http://www.traditionalmantisboxing.com/id19.htm