PDA

View Full Version : Jook Lum Training Seminar

B.P.Campbell
08-25-2001, 12:46 AM
SIFU HENRY POO YEE WILL BE HOLDING A 2 DAY TRAINING SEMINAR In JOOK LUM Southern Pray Mantis

Date: September 23 and 24 2001

Where: Hopewell Valley YMCA Main Street Pennington NJ

Areas covered: Foot work, Body postures, Som Bo Gin, Chi KUNG, Sop But Ban Kui Sao, Sop But Dim Kuen.

Times: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm

Sponsored by The Trenton Branch School
and Hosted by Russell Chell (609)588-6930

This training Seminar is open to the public and all interested are invited. You may Pay at the door.

This is the first Sifu Henry Poo Yee has been on the East Coast since his Demostation in New York Chinatown in May of this Year.

Dont miss the chance to train with him in this rare art. You will not regret it. This is a chance to witness his skill in this system.

Sifu Henry Poo Yee will be teaching complete Seminar.

Hope to see you there!

Bruce P. Campbell

Steven T. Richards
08-25-2001, 10:39 AM
Hello Bruce,

Respect to you Grandmaster Yee-Poo and the Pai.

Steve Richards.

Richard mantis
08-26-2001, 12:14 AM
Hope the seminar goes well!

Rich

B.P.Campbell
08-26-2001, 01:12 PM
We are looking for a good turn out. Sifu Yee dont come to the East coast that often anymore. We normally have a pretty good turn out. The Seminars are very imformative to beginners, as well as experienced. Everyone is friendly and we have fun. Sifu Yee has been doing these types of seminars since 1991. With the first one being in Lancaster Pa. I have met alot of good people along the way. Sifu Yee is a pretty down to earth guy and tries to make everyone feel confortable. Most leave likeing him, with a good understanding of the JOOK LUM system. I dont think you can attend one of his seminars without feeling his love for his art and his teacher.

Thanks Richard and Steve for your reply, I hope everything is going well, in your Pai.

Bruce P. Campbell

Hungmei
08-26-2001, 09:58 PM
Hello Bruce:

Good new for this region. If you want to open it up to non-SPM people the Johns Hopkins University Wing Chun group would probably be interested. Anthony Goh has 'risen from his ashes' and has a new organization with the HQ's in Maryland. Might be worth letting him know what's up so that your next door neighbor can benefit from Master Yee's rare appearance in this area. Take care, John (nickname ‘Jack’)

B.P.Campbell
08-26-2001, 11:31 PM
Hi Jack

I dont believe I no this fellow. He would be welcome to attend. The seminar is open to the public and Wing Chun people are certainly welcome. If I had his address I would send him a note, and extend my welcome. As I said before, "all are welcome to attend".

Regards

Bruce P. Campbell

Hungmei
08-30-2001, 12:20 PM
Sorry about getting back to you so late on this thing. I'll e-mail you off list with the link to Johns Hopkins WC Club and Tony's phone number - address. Should get it to you later today. Jack

B.P.Campbell
08-31-2001, 05:41 PM
I want to thank everyone that has contacted me about Sifu Yee's up coming seminar.
Im sure we will have a good turn out this September. I have include Russell Chells Phone number in this post and he should be contacted if you plan to attend. We will also be accepting people at the door. Im sure you will enjoy the seminar and leave with a feeling it was money well spent, if you have an interest in SPM.

Sifu Yee's works real hard at these seminars to make sure people leave with a good idea of his teaching.

Russell Chell
(609)588-6930

Thanks again

B.P. Campbell

B.P.Campbell
09-01-2001, 02:40 PM
For all the people who have contacted me from the NY, and Philadelphia area. I believe the seminar is about 2 1/2 hours maybe less, from New York City, and less then an hour from Phila.

Thank You for your interest

B.P. Campbell

B.P.Campbell
09-05-2001, 01:07 PM
John, I am sorry, but I tried to mail you with the address you sent me several times, and it comes back. So I will answer you here. Sifu Yee will teach the whole Seminar. It will start at beginers level and move on by Sunday to advanced level. You will see a wide range of the Jook Lum system. I think you will get a good idea of what Sifu Yee's branches teach. Yes; Sifu Yee will be demonstrating the uses of the system. Sifu Yee believes JL is a selfdefense system and he demonstrates it as such. I dont know how much time will be spent on form. This is up to Sifu. Its his seminar. It will start at 10:00 AM Saturday and Sunday and end at 5:00 PM both days. What ever your system is, you will be as welcome as anyone. We try to keep politics out of our training. Sifu Yee is there to teach, and we are there to learn. This is the only purpose of the Seminar. And last, we hope people do come from other branches of JL SPM, they will be treated with the up most respect, and are welcomed to train with us.
John, I hope I have answered all your questions and hope to see you there. If you send me your address, I will see you get the flyer with all the imformation.

Bruce P. Campbell

B.P.Campbell
09-15-2001, 03:07 PM
The training Seminar in New Jersey with Henry Poo Yee will go on as before mentioned. We are looking forward to a good turn out. If the phone calls and E-mails are any indication of its success, we should have a good turn out. The response from the New York area alone is amazing.

Thank you for your interest and we hope to see you there. Reservations are not necessary. Inrollment will be accepted at the door. If you need help in lodgeing or directions call;

Russell Chell (609)588-6930

Sincerely

Bruce P. Campbell

Songwind
09-20-2001, 07:17 PM
I was wondering what Mr. Yee's relationship (within the style) is to the Jook Lum taught by Gin Foon Mark?

Eric in Minneapolis.

fukien
09-20-2001, 11:56 PM
Gin Foon Mark is a fully booked disciple of Lum Sang's last group of five.

Poo Yee spent some time with Lum Sang in the later stages of his life, and
was given a letter giving him the OK to teach what he had learned.

PY's teaching method and GFM's are very different, as PY teaches a myriad
of forms, while GFM teaches a only handful.

The question of "Who has what" is moot, because in all MA's it's not
what your teacher has...it's what he TRANSMITS to his students.

While both of these men have thier supporters and detractors, the
measure of thier mettle as teachers rests in what each puts in the
hands of thier students.

ˇ

likuei
09-21-2001, 01:22 AM
Well said Fukien, with one exception,

GM Lum did have a third class of five personal disciples before his passing. And they too have a similar photo.

Mark Foon was from the second generation not the last(there were seven not five in the second generation).

Members of his second generation of disciples continue today to train with members of the first. Privately.

fukien
09-21-2001, 06:04 AM
My apologies. I meant second.

BTW, every photo I have seen of the second group has Lum Sang and five.
Who are the other two?

B.P.Campbell
09-21-2001, 02:03 PM
Sifu Yee started with Lum Sang in 1955. And was and is a true disciple of the late Lum Sang.He trained with Lum Sang in the 50's and 60's Later in the 80's he reunited with Lum Sang. Sifu Yee does not teach form. He teaches gung fu. As far a letter? Im not aware of this. Sifu has many letters from Lum Sang. We do have Lum Sangs altar.

Sifu Yee's teaching are of Lum Sang. I cant speak of the othes who teach Lum Sangs hand. All teachers of systems teach different. It has always been this way.

Bruce P. Campbell

B.P.Campbell
09-24-2001, 07:06 PM
I just want to thank everyone who attended the training Seminar this weekend. It was fun and it was good seeing the people who are interested in this rare art. Sifu Yee worked hard for the 2 days to show the system. I want to thank Russell Chell and the NJ branch for hosting this event.

Anyone wishing to attend the week long reunion to be held at the end of October in Houston Texas, should contact one of the branch schools for imformation.

Sincerely

Bruce P. Campbell

redfist
10-29-2001, 01:47 AM
for those intrested in jook lum kung fu sifu yee
conducts a week of training every november.
this year he will hold his annual student reunion
from nov.11 to nov.18,all are wellcome.

Steven T. Richards
10-29-2001, 10:36 PM
Respect & Best Wishes to GM Poo-Yee and Pai, from GM Lee-Lien (Lee-Yin-Sing Pai) Jook-Lum UK.

Steve Richards.