PDA

View Full Version : Motivation??

Wilson
08-15-2002, 01:29 PM
Having a hard time mustering up the energy to get myself up and ready to go to class tonight. Need to leave in a 1/2 hour.

What do you guys do to motivate yourselves? Normally, I don't have this problem

Suntzu
08-15-2002, 01:44 PM
think about an aszkickin' recieved recently... watch fight tapes... and i have a tape showing people train which in turn makes me feel lazy which gets me right off the couch... if none of that works i take the day off, might be overtrained...

norther practitioner
08-15-2002, 02:32 PM
watch the last fight scene from a kung fu flick

IllusoryNeptune
08-15-2002, 03:41 PM
caffeine and/or speed.

No_Know
08-15-2002, 04:30 PM
Not to answer your question, but to speak relevantly...Recall that you feel better after class. Be aware that the other students rely on seeing you there for them to have courage to face thier inadequacies to come to class. The instructor finds value in your being there as close to on time and ready as you can that class for your improvements to instruct other students how they can do it. Your mistakes remind people to be diligent. And keep up on that skill....

Wilson
08-16-2002, 04:48 AM
I made it to class last night and felt great afterwards. Sometimes training feels like a chore and you have to remind yourself that you do it for fun and the great experience. Once you get there, its all good.

neptunesfall
08-16-2002, 05:18 AM
what no_know said.
also don't rely on how you feel to get you to class. rely on just getting yourself there.

Helicopter
08-16-2002, 07:15 AM
If I'm unmotivated I:

a) Think how much of a tension release training is.

b) Think how I'll have loads of energy tomorrow with no outlet.

c) Watch a vid (as above)

d) Play a round of DOA2 or SoulCalibre or similar.

e) Give myself a particular move to practice.

(Jesse's Martial Arts.. "Tonight I'll be mostly ..using crane-style." )

NPMantis
08-16-2002, 07:29 AM
I just think "don't be lazy and get to class", I am always in the mood after 5 mins at class, even when I'm tired.

guohuen
08-16-2002, 08:03 AM
Put one foot in front of the other and go. Ninety per cent of life is just showing up.