PDA

View Full Version : Henry Po Yee started in 1978

urban tea
08-16-2002, 09:12 AM
Henry Po Yee actually started kung fu in 1978. His website says he started in 1969 or something. Many sifus went to high school with him and while they were practicing kung fu, Yee was playing volleyball.

I'm not knocking Po Yee's skill because he does have some skill and did put time and effort into his training. However, he started in 1978.

redfist
08-17-2002, 02:10 PM
great stuff?

nobody on this forum is stupid enough to be your ally,
the multi faced jack springer.

this is your idea of having fun,you started it.

be a good little troll boy jack, and post some more great stuff for us,tell us more about your adventures at the beach,

why don`t you tell us about your training in new york,
we all know who you are,don`t be afraid son,
it`s alright.

you are hideious.and as far as canibalism goes did you notice where your mouth is?

urban tea
08-28-2002, 11:30 PM
redfist,

Control your anger and personality. I don't train in New York,. Where in my post does it say that?

redfist
08-29-2002, 01:20 PM
the post you are refering to was not written to you but to a member of this site who went by the name of gou zi yi,
you should disregard this post.

for some reason all of gou zi yi`s posts where deleted.

as a matter of fact it does not say anywhere in your post that
you trained in new york however,gou zi yi did,

your information about sifu yee is inaccurate as he began his training in 1955.

since you have an intrest in nan tong long please list for me the
"many sifu`s" that have made this erronious statement as stated in your original post.

it does refer in your post to"high school",

since the "many sifu`s"that you refer to would have resided in the same area,that would be new york,

while you are busy getting that list of the "many sifu`s" together,

could you please state for us here at kung fu on line what branch of wing chun you draw your lineage from?

urban tea
08-30-2002, 02:04 AM
My information is accurate is Yee started in 1978. I"m not here to try to prove or disprove anything. I simply put the post to put the right info out there.

I've done my job. I can name a few sifus but that would only start unecessary problems. Yee makes a living off of kung fu so it wouldn't be good to try to ruin that.

He put his years in training and I wont' take that away from him.

That's all I gotta say. Relax redfist.

springerfist
09-03-2002, 05:23 AM
Hi urban tea. I applaud you for your honesty and integrity. Don't let redfist dissuade you from putting the truth out there. Just facts baby, just facts. Let me help you with this honorable task. Yee learned for only about 6 months. Like you, I can't reveal my sources because they are secret. I can tell you one of them though, Jack was actually there in the 50's when Yee supposedly began training. He can verify exactly what Yee learned and didn't learn like the sifu's you talk to.

I have met several other of Lam's disciples who, for some unknown reason, say that Yee did begin when he says he did. But they are not to be believed. Some of them don't appear in any of the group pictures with Lam and, therefore, they can't possibly be real disciples. Also their forms, like Yee's, are not exactly the same as Lam's. Everybody knows that if the forms deviate just a little, they are deviating from tradition. All the real disciples perform the system exactly the same as Lam. Jook lum in particular had many secret handshakes and the like, Jack is the only nonChinese to get them. He tried to correct Gin Foon Mark 20 some years ago but Mark made up his handsets anyway. The real kung fu men know that making up forms, even if they follow the system's maxims, are NONtraditional. What a hoot!

BTW, anyone at the kung fu magazine benefit gala? Did Yee need help getting on stage as sickly as he is? Did you go, Urban Tea? That would have been a good time to correct him. Likewise, Jack will be appearing at Yee's seminar in NJ to correct him as well. Part of our tough job is to not only put the truth on the internet but to directly correct them as well. Otherwise, people will just think we are anonymous gossipers afraid to confront the people we are publicly correcting. Keep up the good work.

I agree, to hell with mo duk. I'm glad you came out and corrected a sifu of another system other than you're own. Nowadays, it's our job to bring out the facts. So while we're at it, several sifu's I know were training in HK under the famous Leung Shung. They said that Kenneth Chung began learning in 1974, not when he claims on his website. Several sifu's I know trained under Leung verify this. I don't want to take anything away from him, because his wing chun looks quite good. I can't reveal my secret sources because I don't want to cause trouble. But I have to do my job which is to put the FACTS out there.
Keep up the good work Urban Tea!
:o

redfist
09-03-2002, 03:03 PM
doing your job?

who are you working for pee boy?

guess what?you are not as anonymus as you think.

does it make your sifu proud when you stick your nose into places
that it does not belong,

belong,now i beleave thats the operative word here wanna be.

so just relax urban p,and lets not forget who started this thread,

in the past on this message board you have made racist remarks about white people,on 6-20-02 to a member named hideous.

oh yea,thats right,you where just joking.

it doesn`t surprise me that sooner or later you would get around to cannabalising one of your own.

what really demonstrates what a low life pee boy you are is that there really is no stake in it for you but to be accepted.

so,tell us,how does it feel to be someones pee boy?

on that i`m sure you can speak with authority.

just relax,thats not all i`ve got to say.

urban tea
09-03-2002, 06:02 PM
Redfist,

You have a lot of hatred in you that you have to let go of. I don't know what has happened to you in your life, if you're from the ghetto projects and like to talk sh*t, if you're from comtpon or crenshaw, or just hold certain insecurities in yourself but....it'll be okay.

The sun will rise tomorrow and the grass is green. Smile. I love you.

:D :) :p ;)

redfist
09-03-2002, 06:47 PM
it was from hatred that you started this thread in the first place,
you figured since good old gou z yi was trashing nan tong long you`d jump right in anonymously to help work that hatred out.

i`m sure now you feel much better,

insecurities?
this is another area where i`m sure you could prove to be an expert.

i don`t have to lie to make myself feel good or to be accepted by others as you have done,

how many brownie points do you think you scored?

did you print out the posts to show all your friends what a great kung fu man you are?

smile,your on candid camera.

urban tea
09-03-2002, 07:30 PM
I forgot to add one more thing. Po Yee said that he used to go fight all those black people back in high school.

This is also false because the sifus i knew that went to high school all hang around each other. When they would go fight weekly, they asked him to come but he wouldn't. He would rather play volleyball.

I started this thread when I felt like it, not because of Gou Zi.

Redfist, you grew up in Compton didn't you?

I love you.

redfist
09-03-2002, 08:48 PM
what the heck are you talking about?

first you got something against white people now you got something against blacks to?

let me get this straight,you`re saying that the fabled
"many sifu`s",while they where in high school,used to go fight black people "weekly"and sifu yee prefered not to indulge in this type of behavior but played vollyball instead?

and of course you see something wrong with NOT participating in this type of behavior with the "many sifu`s".

you jumped right on old gou`s bandwagon tea,we all know that.
to state otherwise at this point is foolish.

compton,are you trying to put me down by insinuating that i may
be from there?i got no problem with compton.

but it`s plain to see that you do.

urban tea
09-05-2002, 12:40 AM
Redfist

You got issues.

Peace.

needlefist
09-05-2002, 01:40 AM
Redfist, Springerfist, Springer-whatever, Hideous etc, all as bad as each other. They use the same methods, same insults.

Trolls all of them.

Hideous and his Cannabalism - yeah they are ALL doing that to themselves as well as each other.

To destroy their systems reputation in public is shameful.

Maybe it amuses people from other styles, but they just ruin their SPM's reputation.

Ignore them Urban Tea.

urban tea
09-05-2002, 01:46 PM
Needlefist,

I agree. You know one day I asked a friend of mine what he thought about the internet war going on in the SPM world.

He replied, "What does it have to do with all the training and effort put in a such highly sophisicated system of fighting. From what all the masters have taught over the generations and passed down and refined...it means so little to what really matters and that is preserving the art for what it is and putting that time in to earn the skill..."

springerfist
09-05-2002, 01:58 PM
Needlefist,
True, Urban Tea does not fit the definition of "troll." Don't we all agree on that, my friend? Just look at his initial post- all facts, right? Just as factual as mine is about Kenneth Chung.;) After all, you've been trying to prevent an SPM internet war all this time, not start one! That's clear! So forget mo duk, keep up the good work!

Now back to Needlefist,
So glad to have you back, Jack.;) Nice that you, me and Urban Tea can combat trolls together. Birds of a feather... Also looking forward to more discussion of your Toison Hung Gar from the 70's and William Chung's needlefist.:)

Keep posting, glad to have you back. Bring your friends too. They seem to have left...or been banned.

PS. "needlefist" is just as cool an alias as "gingerfist" but not as cool as "springerfist"!

Mantella
09-05-2002, 03:10 PM
I do not study with Poo Yee but I have personally seen a photo of the Hip Sing association from New York China town in the late sixties {65 or 66?}.

Lum Sang was teaching a large group of people in the photo. Many of them well known practioners of Spm. Poo Yee was in the photo.

bong
09-05-2002, 09:48 PM
Monkey was the "de facto" teacher of the Freemasons and their "Association" but he only taught less than twenty people his art. When Ho Dun was "in charge" of the classes, he taught very little to anyone, as he was out of town a lot. Most of the instruction came from Norman Chin, a man who knows a little about a lot of martial arts. Much like his arch-enemy, Roger, he has searched high and low for "the magic mantis" to no avail. Norman and others are proud to show thier photos of the Mason's class, like this one:
http://www.bambootemple.com/fx090006.htm
But the TRUTH is that few of those pictured ever touched Monkey's hand.
Notice also that Jack Springer is nowhere to be seen, although he claims firsthand knowledge of Ho Dun.
Bill Chung got Sam bo ging....the "stomping" version that Ho Dun taught, which is a deviation from what Monkey taught him. Monkey never taught stomping while doing Sam bo ging.

needlefist
09-06-2002, 04:26 AM
Redfist,

You prove the point, seeing enemies everywhere you are engaged in 'cannabalism'.

The real victim, apart from what little integrity you have personally, is your system. SPM is destroying itself, or at least Jook-Lum is, as Jook-Lum is but one part of SPM. Most other branches of that art carry themselves with dignity and reserve.

I am not Springer, Toisan Hung Gar has nothing to do with my Bak-Siu-Lum and Hung Gar.

When will it occur to you that all you have achieved is to drag the repuation of your art through the sh*t ?

You play right into the hands of those who would discredit your art by doing all their work for them. They have no need to appear here, you are doing just fine.

You are best advised to carry out any vendetta off-line and in person. Why not call and see this Springer in person? You know him well it seems. If so, turn up at his door and deal with your pettiness in private.

You blame Urban Tea for simply highlighting what you are.

In truth you have only yourself and your kind to blame - that is the appropriate use of cannabalism, destroy yourselves with your own sickness - but leave SPM alone, its bigger and better than you are

springerfist
09-06-2002, 06:52 AM
Hi Jack,
No I am not redfist, I am springerfist. And once again, your logic is quite skewed. As we have always asked, what does Hung Gar or your Bak siu lum have to do with SPM? Once again, an outsider claiming inside knowledge of another art.

Just like Urban Tea. What does he have to do with Po Yee? How is he advancing any of the points you have just raised with regard to harmony in the SPM world? Attacks on Yee out of the blue are helping SPM's reputation? But you will sidestep that question, once again, right Jack?

You're right. SPM is huge and it's various branches get along just fine despite your attempts as Guo to disrupt them. Chow gar, chu gar, iron ox and jook lum branches are exchanging more knowledge than ever before. The SPM branches aren't fighting each other here. It's a high school wing chun kid from california and hung gar internet warrior from Md trying to cause trouble.

The SPM internet wars are over, it's just you outsiders trying to stir it back up. That's right, Jack, you were always outside the pai. You need to find a new alias. Can't keep using a hung gar guy that knows everything there is know about SPM.:p

But glad to have you back. Everyone on these forums have missed your preaching and lecturing on the various arts, isn't that right my friend?
:eek:

needlefist
09-06-2002, 08:56 AM
Springerfist,

My reply was not to you, but to Redfist, just as addressed.

I'm no more Springer than you are despite your internet alias.

It seems that anyone who practices Hung-Gar and posts on a thread about SPM must be Jack Springer, at least in your limited imagination. That is offensive to Hung-Gar, to be appropriated as an entire lot by some supposed 'Jook-Lum' practitioner (aka) Troll and lumped under the name of Springer.

That is one reason why you are a troll, you are focused entirely on your immediate preoccupations and miss the damage that you are causing to the art and Pai that you insinuate that you represent

If you have an issue with him (Springer) and you seem to know all about him, go see him face to face on his doorstep. I've never met the fellow personally, maybe you haven't either.

Do that and stop trolling if you love your art.

The truth about Henry Poo-Yee is with the man himself, not in the sad attempts at defending his reputation by trolling under various aliases. Or maybe Poo-Yee knows about your internet behavior? Maybe his disciples, people like Bruce Campbell, Rus Chell or Khanh Ly authorize you to speak here as a troll for them?

Can you imagine ANY of them trolling on a public forum?

Khanh is an atorney, at Morgan Lewis, ask him about ethical behavior as a member of Poo-Yee's Pai. He would certainly never troll nor would he insult another system.

Do they know what you are doing to the reputation of their Pai?

The impression that you give is that Poo-Yee's Pai is defended in public by malicious trolls.

Sort your issues out in person man to man, and, remember that this is a public forum with an open membership. Any board member has the right to post under any thread provided that the terms and conditions of use are not breached - check with Khanh Ly if you wish to have a legal opinion.

Any public post is anyones business. If you want it otherwise, keep it private.

Fortunately Poo-Yee has no personal need of trolls to sustain his reputation. Sadly, given that public perception is everything on an internet forum, you have potentially damaged his standing and that of Jook-Lum/SPM with anyone who does not know him personally.

If that was your intention then you have done very well indeed.

springerfist
09-06-2002, 10:01 AM
Jack,
Quite obvious who you are.
I am not authorized to speak on behalf of Po Yee nor have I attempted to. And I have no wish to defend him. His stuff is out in the public and speaks for itself, whether you like him or not. Are you now speaking for him, it appears so from your disingenuous post. I'm sure he'd appreciate that.
I do not trash any Jook Lum or SPM practitioner. I find fault with Urban Tea's attempts at doing so. Once again, you have evaded the questions regarding his posts. Trolls do stick together.
Your new attempts under needlefist to defend a troll puts you in the same category as you have always been, Jack. I understand that you are angry that you have been exposed.
Funny how you try to make it look like some kind of SPM war, kindly identify which branches are fighting-- none.
So keep trolling. No need to expose your lack of credibility.
You should stick to the hung gar topics. Perhaps you will find new friends over there before you get banned again. Oh, and by the way, as you attempt to further skew things, both wing chun and hung gar are great systems, sadly like every system,they have their bad apples meaning you two.
Have fun and try not to get banned!;)
springerfist

needlefist
09-06-2002, 10:41 AM
You have a very limited consciousness. I am not Springer, any more than you are Khanh Ly.

Beyond you isn't it.

I haven't said anything against Hung-Gar or Wing-Chun. You raise the subject of those systems in a bad light not me.

Ask Khanh about how to prove if I am this Jack Springer that you mention.

I am not Springer, I don't speak for him and have never even met him.

Khanh is a Lawyer, ask him. Ask him about libel and how dangerous that can be. Arrange with him to go to the admin of this board and trace my ISP. My intermediary will contact you through Khanh Ly. Similarly to reveal your ISP and identity. Then repeat whatever slander you will in the open.

Go to your Pai's seniors and learn some manners.

While your at it develop some intelligence. Everything you say and do in the name of your supposed Pai damages them. It suggests that they approve of your trolling behavior.

They visit this forum and read the posts. Perhaps if they don't disown you then its reasonable to believe that they do support you.

Some may even think that they are you, which would be a terrible slight on their reputations.

You should have dealt with 'urban tea's' cliams in a more constructive manner. You should also have been very careful about putting names to alias's. You have been wrong in that, partly through blind stupidity and partly through malintent.

That adds up to you being a troll and someone idiot enough to damage your own Pai's reputation.

So, if you know Springer, turn up on his doorstep and put whatever issues you have to him personally.

You won't of course, because you are every bit as bad and indeed worse, than you claim that he is.

B.P.Campbell
09-06-2002, 01:09 PM
Hello, My name is Bruce P. Campbell

I have been reading the posts for and against my teacher. Not now or ever has my teacher Henry Poo yee posted on this or any other theard. I agree that the fighting on this kind of thread is bad for our system and Jl in general. A few years back i myself got into this fighting over the net. It got us no where and I am sorry for that. I felt i should defend my teacher. Years have went by and my teacher is still teaching in public with all of his seminars advertised well in advance. No one has approched him with the problems I read about on this page. No one!

I did contact Urban Tea off line and ask him not to post about my teacher. I thought we had came to an understanding and his posting would stop. I guess not. All that i read on this page is rumor, and most not true. I have posted under seminars coming that all questions would be answered openly and honestly at the Seminar. If you have questions about my teachers history that is the place you should ask it. You wont get the truth here.

People posting that this and that person told them this and that about my teacher with out posting the peoples names who are spreading these rumors does not make them true. I would suggest you bring the people starting these rumors along with you to the seminar so Sifu Yee can disscuss the issues with them.

I ask Urban tea who his teacher is?, and he wouldnt tell me cause he said, "he didnt want to bring his teachers name into it". But he seen nothing wrong with trying to make my teacher a liar. Mr. tea has choose not to give any of us his real name. Cause he dont want to start trouble? Although he found it necessary to start this thread. I have checked around to find out what his name is, and not only found out his name, but his teachers also. Mr. Tea is very young, and must have some kind of axe to grind, or why would he write about my teacher? No Im not going to name him, cause he must be scared, and Im not going to bring his teacher into it, because it would not be proper for me to do so without first speaking to his teacher. As Mr. tea should have done before he printed rumors about my teacher. Sifu yee's phone # is published.

So please dont talk about my teacher on this thread. He does not post or read this thread. Any comments or disagreements with dates and times should be taken up face to face, not here. You should ask the Sifu's who made these statements which started this thread, why they have never personaly ask Sifu Yee these questions? Tell them that talking behind someones back, reminds me of a few old ladies at a tea party. They really should find the courage to stand face to face and deal with the issues at hand. Otherwise SHUT UP!

Bruce P. Campbell
166 Greenhill Road
Conestoga, Pa. 17516
(717)871-9798

B.P.Campbell

I have been reading the posts for and against my teacher. Not now or ever has my teacher Henry Poo yee posted on this or any other theard. I agree that the fighting on this kind of thread is bad for our system and Jl in general. A few years back i myself got into this fighting over the net. It got us no where and I am sorry for that. I felt i should defend my teacher. Years have went by and my teacher is still teaching in public with all of his seminars advertised well in advance. No one has approched him with the problems I read about on this page. No one!

I did contact Urban Tea off line and ask him not to post about my teacher. I thought we had came to an understanding and his posting would stop. I guess not. All that i read on this page is rumor, and most not true. I have posted under seminars coming that all questions would be answered openly and honestly at the Seminar. If you have questions about my teachers history that is the place you should ask it. You wont get the truth here.

People posting that this and that person told them this and that about my teacher with out posting the peoples names who are spreading these rumors does not make them true. I would suggest you bring the people starting these rumors along with you to the seminar so Sifu Yee can disscuss the issues with them.

I ask Urban tea who his teacher is?, and he wouldnt tell me cause he said, "he didnt want to bring his teachers name into it". But he seen nothing wrong with trying to make my teacher a liar. Mr. tea has choose not to give any of us his real name. Cause he dont want to start trouble? Although he found it necessary to start this thread. I have checked around to find out what his name is, and not only found out his name, but his teachers also. Mr. Tea is very young, and must have some kind of axe to grind, or why would he write about my teacher? No Im not going to name him, cause he must be scared, and Im not going to bring his teacher into it, because it would not be proper for me to do so without first speaking to his teacher. As Mr. tea should have done before he printed rumors about my teacher. Sifu yee's phone # is published.

So please dont talk about my teacher on this thread. He does not post or read this thread. Any comments or disagreements with dates and times should be taken up face to face, not here. You should ask the Sifu's who made these statements which started this thread, why they have never personaly ask Sifu Yee these questions? Tell them that talking behind someones back, reminds me of a few old ladies at a tea party. They really should find the courage to stand face to face and deal with the issues at hand. Otherwise SHUT UP!

Bruce P. Campbell
166 Greenhill Road
Conestoga, Pa. 17516
(717)871-9798

B.P.Campbell

Bruce P. Campbell
166 Greenhill Road
Conestoga, Pa. 17516
(717)871-9798

needlefist
09-06-2002, 03:23 PM
Bruce Campbell,

Thank you for clarifying things, it needed to be done. Trolls do not it seems speak for Poo-Yee or for his Pai.

SPM is too good to leave its reputation in the hands, or the keyboards of such people.

They should conduct their issues in person away from decent public forums. Sadly they will not of course as they have no substance.

Regards to your Pai.

David
09-06-2002, 03:59 PM
Nice to hear you, Bruce. Well said. You have shown over and over that your sifu is a good man. The proof is there for those with eyes to see.

Alll the best :-)

David

urban tea
09-09-2002, 03:39 PM
BP,

You are right. I didn't want to tell my teachers name because I didn't want to start trouble.

Yes I am sorry. I contradicted myself there by posting this thread alone. Whether your teacher started in 1978 or 1955 is irrelevant because he has put his time in and is good at mantis.

As for the axe to grind. Why did I post this? At first I couldn't answer that question. Now I can. But I'd rather private message that to you than post it on here because it would only stir up more beef.

Look forward to talking to you in private.

-urban tea.

saurian
09-17-2002, 04:22 AM
Urban Tea, I started studying under Sifu Yee in 1986. He had already been teaching for a few years, and the power in his hands was awesome even then. Also, he had an intimate knowledge of acupuncture points and bone-setting. There is no way that someone could reach this level in just 8 years, so it is obvious to me that you have little or no personal experience with the man. I suspect this may have something to do with a rival sifu. If so, then you really need to develop your own values, instead of adopting someone else's battle flag in a vain attempt to turn your life into a cheap, chop-sockey flick at the expense of others. As for your remark about "fighting black boys", if this is an attempt on your part to make Paul (as I knew him back then) appear rascist, then you should be informed that many of his top students are black, a couple whom I know personally. I remember other sifus resenting him behind his back, but never to his face. He is trying to preserve a rare art, not put himself in the spotlight. Anyone who knows Paul knows that he is often stoic, occasionally impatient in the face of attention. Yet, you malign him in public, then want to explain your motivations in private. I feel that your posts show the nature of your character.

springerfist
09-17-2002, 06:58 AM
This has been resolved offline as is appropriate. There is no need for futher discussion. Thanks, however, for the input.