PDA

View Full Version : how would u handle this combat situation?

mysteri
08-16-2002, 03:14 PM
i recently read in a magazine that the US Marine Corps has implemented a fighting system they label USMC MAP(US MARINE CORPS MARTIAL ARTS PROGRAM). it even has a belt system (per say). i'm not knocking the marines, i applaud the effort. but my question is aimed @ all the MA in here that are actually fighters...(not all MA are fighters IMHO). SITUATION: ur in the military in some foriegn country (say in the middle east) and u've engaged combat with the enemy. well u've survived initial onslaughts and ur completely unarmed and are forced to engage in unarmed combat against the enemy(not a very likely situation, but this is a fun topic!) what strategies would u use from ur own MA experience? btw- the enemy is also completely unarmed and u must dispose of one or two at a time as that is how they're advancing through the terrain(open grass fields). any takers?

ZhouJiaQuan
08-18-2002, 04:03 PM
I think i would just... kick their ass :D

peace :p

edit: i just look at your profile, id dint know you had 9months on me? and check out www.jowgakungfu.com - same thing as jowga.com- but i think this one gets updated.

mysteri
08-18-2002, 10:42 PM
man, that's funny. the reason i posted this subject, even the situation is VERY HIGHLY unlikely, was to see who would avoid actually avoiding the question. to tell the truth i'm really not that interested in knowing what other people would actually do in the situation, but that would be interesting to see what people put. its funny how there were over 50 views and only one taker.. i did the same thing in the SOUTHERNFIST forum(www.forumco.com/hungkuennet/) and they did the same thing...

zhou jia- how much longer did u think i'd been studyin jow ga than u? actually i thought u'd started around the same time. truly it doesnt matter where u were, but where u are.. and we all accel @ different rates. let's see how many more people avoid the question :D

Serpent
08-18-2002, 10:51 PM
That's simply because it's a very stupid question.

mysteri
08-19-2002, 01:24 PM
yeah, i guess ur right. i prolly should stop making ALL these stupid posts and get back to training... wow, 975 huh? hmm..

ZhouJiaQuan
08-19-2002, 02:10 PM
hahaha too funny.... round one...begin(am i instigating here?)

i knew you were older but i thought you had 6 months on me, not 9. i started the end of jan(about a week before chinese new year) in 2000. i still need to learn the form, i have tuesday off, ill talk to sifu tonight, and maybe i can we can go to train at the guys(wont say name for reason of privacy) tuesday afternoon??? ill call you if you dont show to class.

btw over at the hung keun net i have a hok san vs fut san topic going in the lion forum, maybe you would find it interesting.

peace

David Jamieson
08-19-2002, 03:10 PM
ok, first, the marine corp' hand to hand combat system since 01 has been wholly developed with the help of the gracies and is essentially graci jujitsu.

Having said that, if I was facing unarmed combatives across an open grass field there is myriad techniques to be applied form the martial arts I have learned.

The main one being the element of surprise. If the grass is high, I would be low in it. I would belly crawl to range and attack with surprise and do my best to neutralize the target with whatever means I had be it a knife, bayonet or bare hands. There are plenty of "quick kill" techs available in cma, jma, kma etal, pretty much every martial art has a selection of these, but it is up to you and your own prowess to get to range or striking distrance.

No time for poses, no time for warm up, just do what the situation demands and if you fail in your endeavour you are a prisoner or dead....period.

peace

No_Know
08-19-2002, 06:07 PM
Move towards the first person (people) then trip big. Being down, walk back the way I came a few feet five or more (walking in my footprints) then scurry to the left away from them; scurry back to foot prints; scurry right away from them; hands and feet placed non standard walk; wide circle towards their place of appearant origin; then veer right and drift away from the area hopefully; Listening to the grass for wind or approachers. Wait for approachers. Spring up to grab throat...leave the head in the direction opposite where I'm headed and head turned to face any who find person.

Perhaps some-such some might say whatever whatever very good

TIger Hand
08-19-2002, 11:06 PM
I read the article too. If memory is correct the USMC system object is to keep the marine on his feet and fighting.

Hardly, something any of the gracie's would know about, certainly not a tactic they preach.

Paul
08-20-2002, 02:41 AM
ok, first, the marine corp' hand to hand combat system since 01 has been wholly developed with the help of the gracies and is essentially graci jujitsu

ok, first, that is flat out wrong.

While borrowing specific techniques from various established martial arts, our program has many techniques that are unique. The Marine Corps Martial Arts Program is rooted in our credo that every Marine is a rifleman capable of engaging the enemy anywhere from 500 meters to 500 millimeters. The doctrine of this program has been refined in the crucible of combat through the experiences of combat veterans, and is guided by the input of several Subject Matter Experts. It is a weapons based system unique unto itself because it is based upon weapon systems, combat equipment, physical challenges and tactics not found outside the combat environment.

mysteri
08-20-2002, 10:09 AM
very interesting replies...yeah, i saw a documentary on TLC one time which included the US ARMY?? hand-to-hand combat system which basically they were teachin a lot of gracie jiu-jitsu. so i think that kung lek must've confused the two which is pretty easy to do. i don't think it's a bad idea to implement certain gracie jiu-jitsu principles and techniques into the cirriculum, but i personally think it'd be ludacris to centralized the entire cirriculum around BJJ, even near suicidal.. but that would jus make for a different discussion.. i appreciate all the replies...

p.s. no hard feelins serpent, this is a pretty stupid topic:p