PDA

View Full Version : 10 Year Anniversary Press Conference

GeneChing
08-16-2002, 05:01 PM
Yesterday, I held a press conference for our 10 Year Anniversary. It went well - except one of the reproters came within inches of a swinging broadsword (man, did he jump!) and our qigong demonstration was a little disturbing.

We've already got some really nice coverage from the Chinese newspaper World Journal (a full page spread last Sunday,) as well as a few odd newsbits in some other local papers. Our bay area Chinese news station (CH26) had a nice little bit on us last night from the conference.

If anyone sees any more coverage (particularly Bay Area people) please let me know.

rubthebuddha
08-16-2002, 05:32 PM
congrats! :)

GeneChing
08-19-2002, 10:15 AM
We got on a Cantonese program, a good five minute segment, on Saturday afternoon. It was a program that covers stuff like movies and music. No English TV coverage yet. I probably scared them too bad...

Serpent
08-19-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
and our qigong demonstration was a little disturbing.

In what way?

Kristoffer
08-20-2002, 02:25 AM
Sound's like a fun demo :D

GeneChing
08-20-2002, 11:40 AM
Our qigong demo was by Dr. J.D. Zhang, who runs a medical hospital in China. He is also a master of a PRC-protected folk dance, face changing, which was the focus of popular film, King of Masks. Anyway, for his demo he lifted a bucket of water with his eyelids. I've heard of Indian fakirs doing a similar feat, usually using special eye-cups. Dr. Zhang just took a piece of string and stuffed it into his upper eyelid. You could see the string bunched up beneath the lid. It makes my eye tear just thinking about it. It got some newspaper coverage.

norther practitioner
08-20-2002, 01:33 PM
errr, that is a bit disturbing

GeneChing
08-21-2002, 12:35 PM
He was wearing this nice red bow tie.