PDA

View Full Version : Share your kung-fu/MA hand maneuvers

Former castleva
08-17-2002, 12:19 PM
This is a thread on hand maneuvers/forms.
Yes,I mean different striking manners-from basic closed fist to hammer fist,from hammer to tiger claw,to eagle claw and to some "oddies":..
Reason I posted this was to find sites which display pictures of various strikes of kung-fu and other MA (then we can discuss them to death)
(Besides those obvious basic ones)There are a lot,so this one won´t sink to the bottom immediately...I´m all on my toes;)

I´ll stick some spoon into the soup:
One thing that messes me up at times are similar ways of forming a ?different? form,let´s have an example or two-
Various "claw" types:best known,I think,are eagle and tiger claw (in kung-fu) it seems though that tiger claw has been adopted to karate too and there is also this dragon claw which looks very similar to these too.As it is still a separate technique,I wonder what is it´s use?
Another one is bear hand (kuma-te) used in karate and possibly in jujutsu and other arts,main striking area is palm heel.
Then again,in kung-fu there is this leopard fist (and possibly panther fist) which is completely similar and still second knuckles/middle joints of fingers are used for the strike (I guess this could be the case in karate too,I´m not sure)
These are some examples I´m thinking of.

So,I´ll repeat myself:
If you have any info/input or ideas you wanna share,possible websites to go for,recommended ways to use these various hand techniques (such as which target do you believe tiger claw etc. is best used on...) or anything else,write something down.