PDA

View Full Version : SPM Gathering

Hungmei
08-28-2001, 12:24 PM
Steve:

Bruce's successful effort to bring GM Poo Yee to Pennsylvania gave me the idea of initiating an annual SPM Gathering.

None of us are getting any younger and perhaps now is a good time to consider organizing a festival of sorts. The location could change each year, or we could just declare a permanent place for the event.

There are a number of ways to defray the cost associated with such an event so that it wouldn't cost any thing for the primary people to attend (Including travel, lodging, etc.)

We could even sponsor a guest of honor each year as "Festival King." One of us should be able to convince our respective teacher to be the honored guest.

Arrangements could be made to have the event video taped and those who attend provided with a copy of same.

Seems a shame that those of us who have walked the path of this thing we call TCMA for a few decades don't get together once in a while.

Our generation might be the last hope of keeping this thing alive. John

Steven T. Richards
08-28-2001, 12:46 PM
Sounds like a great idea John!
I'll mail Bruce and some others about it.

Steve.

B.P.Campbell
08-29-2001, 02:43 AM
I would be interested in the SPM meeting. If there was a way I could make it, Id be their. I would like to meet some of the other students of this system. If it could be done in a freindly way it would be fun. Like Jack said; "We are not getting any younger" If it would help us all get to know one another, and stop some of the hard feelings, it would certainly be worth while.

Something to work on.

B.P. Campbell

Hungmei
08-29-2001, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the positive responses. The 3 of us account for a good portion of the real JL SPM Pai. A friendly fashion is the only way to go. The 3 of us passed through the testosterone fueled posturing BS phase many years ago :) Whatever the feuds of old centered on are in the past. I for one would really enjoy getting together with my SPM peers, eating too much good food, and swapping tales from the "Days of Rage." I look around me and there are all of a handful of my former classmates still going at it. Odd how time changes things so slowly that the change escapes detection. I'll start to put together some of the logistics. Let me know off list how much lead time you need in order to set your business agenda so that you can make it. Hell, maybe being an "Old Geezer" isn't so bad after all :) John

B.P.Campbell
08-30-2001, 04:26 AM
Im sure my old teacher and good friend Paul Huber would be interested in such a meeting also. He is such a friendly person and is always interested in meeting new people and shareing his knowledge. Paul has always been interested in the arts and is looking for people with his common interest. Pauls open mindness shows in his personality, and he loves to get together with martial artist.

I think I can speak for him; "when I say, you can count him in" I will mail him with the idea.

Bruce P. Campbell