PDA

View Full Version : Anybody nearby?

Ralek
08-18-2002, 07:30 PM
Does anyone want to meet and train in maryland? Maybe just do some sparring or just meet and talk if you don't want to spar.

I have done trolling in the past here but i didn't feel like creating a new account. Any style you do doesn't matter. I would like to train with a kung fu person since i've only met 1 kung fu person my whole life and he wasn't really kung fu, he was san shou which adopts western fighting techniques such as boxing, wrestling.

I know merryprankster is in maryland. Do you still post here merryprankster? Apoweyn lives in maryland. If any of you guys still post here then reply to this post. People who live in maryland who want to train for a few hours or something reply.

Ralek
08-18-2002, 07:36 PM
i did some bare knuckle sparring with shaolin tiger but i got kinda bloody just from a few minor cuts. And i cut my hand.

This doens't have to be like when i met shaolin tiger. We can just wrestle or do soft contact or not spar at all.

SevenStar
08-18-2002, 08:25 PM
Who are you and what did you do with Rolls?

Serpent
08-18-2002, 08:46 PM
I smell a new trolling set-up. Look at it like a jab. He feints with a serious sounding post, then smacks you upside the head with an unexpected troll!

How's the video and computer game training going, Ralek?

joedoe
08-18-2002, 09:26 PM
I've missed you Ralek. :D

mysteri
08-18-2002, 11:01 PM
so u got pretty cut up in ur meetin w/ shaolintiger... hmm... so why exactly do u want to spar another kung fu cat? what exactly are u tryin to learn? if u wanna "spar" no contact, go check out a local karate school... if u wanna "spar" soft contact, go to a local TKD school..if u wanna "spar" full-contact, muay thai is fun to mess w/. if u wanna jus "wrestle" around, i'm sure there's some good BJJ schools around. when u wanna really throw down, then give one of us a holla.. i would come "train" with you but it wouldnt be much of a trainin session if u wanna learn combat, it jus be a quick confrontation that would be over within a few seconds w/ one of us walkin away. but that's jus w/ the true kung fu cats. now if u wanna learn, join shaolintiger's school. i think u got off pretty lucky in that he didnt jus pummel u like he could have quickly. chew on that before u think about really "sparrin" any more of us lil "kung fu people."

"brazilian jiu-jitsu is superior!"- ralek

Merryprankster
08-19-2002, 02:54 AM
Actually, Shaolin Tiger is a BJJ Blue belt and a Judo devotee now.

Mysteri, there are several decent fighting events in your area-- Fire and Ice and Excalibur come immediately to mind. If you want to "throw down," you can try there. You've boxed so I know you're used to getting hit :)

Ralek, Ap, me and No_know are likely to get together and train sometime in the near future. Do you have a specific time frame and location in mind? We're actually looking for a venue and I am willing to travel a bit.

Ralek
08-19-2002, 04:02 AM
Yes Mysteri. I am the one who pulled Shaolin tiger over to the BJJ side. Cuts are no big deal. And he had his share of cuts and i think i might have knocked his tooth out but i'm not sure. His mouth was really bloody with blood spitting out. But he did a round house so hard that i cut my arm when i blocked it.

Merryprankster. I want to come and train with you guys. Where at? When?

Ralek
08-19-2002, 04:13 AM
Merryprankster. Have you already met No_know? He sounds like a wierd person. Is he wierd in real life too? Is know_no chinese? He sounds like he might be a real chinese kung fu person.

LEGEND
08-19-2002, 04:26 AM
Ralek do u have a car??? We have open sparring at Olympus Racquet and Fitness at 5505 Cheorkee Ave in Alexandria, VA. I'm a very mediocre submission grappler( not BJJ ranked ). On Sundays we have a group around 1pm that trains there NO GI. $6 guest fee though...but we normally roll for 2 hours. And u're welcome to come in and train with US.

Ralek
08-19-2002, 04:39 AM
LEGEND. I might do that in the future. But first i want to meet with Merryprankster and apoweyn and particuarly Know_no cause he does kung fu.

Mysteri. Do you want to meet and train? I'm sure that you can't possibly make all fights end quickly. NHB fights prove that sometimes even when groin shots and all that stuff is legal the fight can still last a long time. The boom boom your done theory only works as a sucker punch or against someone who is not very good.

apoweyn
08-19-2002, 07:16 AM
I'm in.

And no, No_Know is not chinese. But he is a kung fu devotee.

Weird? That's a judgment call for other people to make. He's unlike anyone I've ever met. But I don't regard that as a weakness, by any means. His speech is as mysterious in person as it is on the internet, but he's got a sharp mind. I have no doubt of that.

Stuart B.

p.s. I'm in Alexandria now. But as Merryprankster said, we can travel.

HopGar
08-19-2002, 07:46 AM
joy to the world. Now this place will get real loud. Welcome back, troll-boy.

Peace Y'all

The Willow Sword
08-19-2002, 07:55 AM
Looking at these Ralek posts for a long time and i have yet to really understand the fascination with this.
Question: HAs anyone here who IS anyone ever met Ralek and are there pictures or vids of this person in action?
It would seem to me that Ralek wants to meet Kung fu people for the soul purpose of either beating them up with his style to show that his style is superior,,OR he is wanting to meet kung fu people for the soul purpose of beating them up to show that his stye is superior.
HMMMM what do you guys think?

MRTWS

apoweyn
08-19-2002, 08:03 AM
oh boy.

no, i've never met ralek. i have met, on several occassions, shaolintiger. and i've heard about his meeting with ralek. his description, though slightly less embellished, essentially matches ralek's description.

"Ralek wants to meet Kung fu people for the soul purpose of either beating them up with his style to show that his style is superior"

OR

"he is wanting to meet kung fu people for the soul purpose of beating them up to show that his stye is superior."

what am i missing here? that's the same thing twice, right? or am i overlooking something?

stuart b.

p.s. it's 'sole' purpose, as in 'the only purpose.' just for future reference.

Merryprankster
08-19-2002, 08:13 AM
Ap, what are you doing next Sunday?

PS--the difference between the first sentence and the last is that one has immeasurably better grammar and spelling than the other. :)

apoweyn
08-19-2002, 08:17 AM
next sunday, tom's in town from rhode island. things may be too busy until after the wedding now. but we'll see.

stuart b.

Merryprankster
08-19-2002, 08:20 AM
No problem man. I'm thinking I might have to go check out the training with Legend!

apoweyn
08-19-2002, 08:22 AM
Yeah, I was thinking precisely the same thing. Right in my backyard, by the sounds of it.

Won't be able to do it this week, but I'd definitely be up for it soon.

Cool with you, Legend?

Stuart B.

fa_jing
08-19-2002, 09:55 AM
Yo fellas, I'm still waiting to find out about travel to Reston, VA. I think I'll probably be down there next week, but it's still up in the air. I only have one stipulation: I can't go to Maryland. ;)

SevenStar
08-19-2002, 10:14 AM
If you can't go to maryland, then you can't meet Ralek at his pond...

Skarbromantis
08-19-2002, 10:54 AM
Someone starts a "where is Ralek" thread,
and in less then a week Ralek appears?

Does anyone find this strange?

Nice to have you back Rolls

Skard1

jun_erh
08-19-2002, 11:09 AM
I think it's a mouse-elaphant thing. Ralek is like eleven feet tall, so a wrestler is a big threat to him

Merryprankster
08-19-2002, 11:32 AM
Cool Fa_jing. Lemme know what's up.

LEGEND
08-19-2002, 02:38 PM
MERRY...****it...I was trying to get RALEK to roll with the YAMASAKI boyz...lol...that's there VA location. I work out there but I train with those guys once in awhile on Sundayz!

Fajing...what times will u be FREE to work out...I'm very curious about the entries of your wing chun. I use to train in WILLIAM CHEUNG cult...I mean org...so I'm hoping to demonstrate to u the superiority of TRADITIONAL WING CHUN over yourz...unless u crosstrained with EMIN. hehehe.

Ralek
08-19-2002, 02:39 PM
I have not read the "where is ralek thread". I really havn't been here at all, not even reading posts.

Merryprankster. Maybe we can all meet at Legends school? What day? Maybe 2 weeks from now or something. What day can you go? I should be able to find the place. But No_know sounds very interesting. I want to go on a day that No_know can make it.

This coming weekend is not good for me but after that i should have free weekends.

We don't have to meet at LEGEND's school but that sounds like a good place. I really want to spar with some new people.

Jun_erh. I have my methods for defending takedowns. I am a butt scooter. Butt scooting totally neutralizes any takedown from any style. I don't care if your judo, wrestling, sambo, or tai chi. Butt scooting is the perfect take down defense. No one in the history of martial arts has ever took down a butt scooter. Lot's of people like to make fun of the scooters but me and many other scooters take scooting very seriously. It's a viable means of takedown defense.

LEGEND
08-19-2002, 02:44 PM
Merry, Ap and Ralek...no probs...it's a $6 guest pass...I was invited by some of the YAMASAKI guys to train there...usually they start rolling at 12 or 1. It's not a CLASS it's a bunch of whites, couple of blues and maybe a purple doing stuff no gi. I have seen them to light vale tudo...working more on tech than actually striking...let me know what sundayz so i can hang! I haven't rolled inawhile either. WORK and SUMMER SKOOL.

Ralek
08-19-2002, 02:45 PM
The Yamasaki people?????? cool. That would be a good place to meet. Shaolin Tiger trains at the Yamasaki school. But i think he trains with Yamasaki himself in D.C.

Any place is good for me. As long as it's not tooooo far away. I just want to meet No_know.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-19-2002, 02:57 PM
i'll be too weak for much sparring for another five months or so, but if a couple of you get togeather outside of class at some point i'd try and make it down to meet some other kfo nerds.

Ralek
08-19-2002, 02:58 PM
No_know. Will you come? I think it would be a good idea to meet in a school indoors because someone called the police when me and shaolin tiger were fighting in the open at the park. Then this stupid bicycle police man rode right by us when me and shaolin tiger were sitting on a bench talking. I tried to hide the blood on me. It's a good thing we stopped fighting before he came. It was really funny. He had his radio thing on and i heard them say that they saw two guys fighting. He never suspected us becuase we were sitting there non-violently talking. My hand looked really messed up and bloody. I had to hide my arms behind my back.

I think we should meet indoors somewhere so we won't have to worry about the police. I hate it when people call the police over small things like fights and breaking glass bottles, spray paint and stuff like that.

No_Know
08-19-2002, 04:58 PM
September the first (in two weeks) at this Virginia place sounds good-ish. Six dollars, a vehicle, directions that make sense to me, leaving Frederick by 9 30 a.m. and no thing major enough to come-up I should, could be there then.

I would shoot~ for the first of September at Y's. in Alexandria, VA.

Ralek, you can get there on your own? Thought was to get you from Frederick that Sunday morning and go. I leave so early from Frederick (9 30a.m.) because it's far to me and unfamiliar. It's for taking-the-wrong-exit-time or missed-the-school-time or there-are- no-more-numbers-on-the-buildings-time or it-should-be-down-that-street-Oh,-no,-it-was-probablly-that-road-two-lights-back-time.

I'd have to see apoweyn another time if their planning or some other aspect of his Life is happening that day :-) By the by(e), much the best, on that to you. :~>

Ralek
08-19-2002, 06:26 PM
Good no_know!!!! There is a good chance i will be free on that entire weekend. But let's try to find a day that merry prankster can also come.

So it will be Me, no_know, merryprankster, and apoweyn.

That's only 1 kung fu guy. Are there any more kung fu people who want to come to the BJJ school?

I am really interested in the cultural traditions of the chinese and the captivating kung fu styles they created. I wish there could be more kung fu people to come along.

What style of kung fu do you do know_no?

If the yamasaki school is not good for any of you that's fine. Anywhere is fine for me. But i want to go somewhere indoors to avoid police so the yamasaki school sounds good. No stupid people calling the cops.

Ralek
08-19-2002, 06:35 PM
LEGEND is coming too.

Ralek
08-19-2002, 06:41 PM
Any more maryland kung fu people want to come to the BJJ school???

Mysteri. You should come to the BJJ school also. We can all be there. Or if you kung fu guys have a problem with the BJJ school we can meet at a kung fu school. It doesn't matter. But it needs to be indoors. But outdoors would work too.

We NEED some more kung fu people. 1 kung fu person is just not enough to go around. I really need you Mysteri. You are in the general area.

Any more kung fu people around maryland, south PA, virginia, westvirgina, anywhere reasonably close. There are way too many BJJ guys and only 1 kung fu person.

Xebsball
08-19-2002, 09:29 PM
http://www.nhb-battle.com/

No_Know
08-19-2002, 10:42 PM
Kung-Fu forms are designed with multiple opponents in mind. So (needle and thread), one at a time or all at once should be fine for me. :-)

What Kung-Fu do I do? I don't have permission to demonstrate any Kung-Fu. Nor do I claim Any Kung-Fu to represent.~

Whatever I comprehend or come-up-with to be appropriate at the moment (each moment) is close to what I do--I Breathe.

Shao-lin five animal forms, Hung gar Tiger/Crane, Hung Family Five Animal Pattern, Sevenstar Praying Mantis, Chuka Shaolin, Chin-Na, Drunken(s), Eight-Diagram boxing, Yang style 24 T'ai Chi Ch'uan and Ying Jow P'ai...are fighting kung-Fus I've heard or read about but that's about it.

I picked-up something about kicking from a University weekly class that, at which I infrequently watched.

May we wear a T-shirt? Are shorts or slacks or pants acceptable for whatever would go on at this Yamasaki training place (Olympus Raquet and Fitness)?

Get me some contact information Ralek if you accept traveling in a vehicle with me getting you to go to meet everyone~by noon-ish that Sunday.~

I might have something come-up on that Sunday (September the first 2002) morning. For me to let you know, get me a telephone number at which to reach you then.

Ralek
08-20-2002, 04:49 AM
Yes you can wear a T-shirt. You can wear shorts or pants.

Yes we could car-pool. But wait till merryprankster and all them know what is going on becuase they still havn't all said what day they can make it.

know_no. Do you want to spar full contact?

No_Know
08-20-2002, 05:54 AM
I would participate in a full contact thingie but likely won't spar full. I don't want to hurt anyone~. If someone gets hurt it should be me. People seem to have goals and timelines and getting hurt can affect that for them.Hopefully I would be able to manage well enough regardless.

I think that each pair decide how they want to do. I basically relevantly don't have anything I want to study or learn, so (needle-and-thread), I would work with everyone on what they are looking for. Sparring full contact if that's what you are looking for...from me (I suspect you see me merely as a Kung-Fu type guy--a chance in your mind to prove to you something relevant to Kung-Fu not as good as they say or to indicate what you do as good)

I see your reversal of No_Know to know_no as disrespectful or possiblely playful or taunting. Just thought I'd share. Very good

fa_jing
08-20-2002, 07:45 AM
OK, just found out that we're not getting the applications which we had orginally been assigned, because of a legal issue. Our consulting firm is now owned by a French-based company, and the work was for a contract with the government, giving us access to some government data. I imagine that our French overlords would definitely have us spying in no time, even though we're all U.S. citizens. :rolleyes: That means no more Virginia trips, except for the outside chance that we get another app from that area- Dallas or Kansas city would be more likely. Sigh. It may be for the best, anyway. Well, one day I'll have to make it down there to meet you all.

Legend - I did 6 months of Cheung-style. He made that style up out of existing Yip Man wing chun, rearranging the sets and movements. But it is basically the same. Now I study Yip Man style as well as some JKD, for almost three 3 years more. I think the Chueng entry technique is fine, it is basically one option out of a few. But it works best if your opponent is not prepared, as do all techniques. Nowadays, I like to enter with a front kick, or simply take two quick short steps in and punch - low or high. The time that I enter with a raised knee is when I see that my opponent is going to try to stay back and kick me. Of course in the context of sportfighting, which is my emphasis now, you can't just rely on one move, your opponent will catch on and think of a defense.

Merryprankster
08-20-2002, 08:39 AM
I am moving that weekend. Sorry.

No_Know
08-20-2002, 08:52 AM
Take 'em as they come. Shooting for the 8th.

jun_erh
08-20-2002, 04:11 PM
Ralek- in terms of the butt scooter: What if I throw things at you? Will you catch them all?

LEGEND
08-20-2002, 09:17 PM
FAJING...yah bro...no biggie...I only trained in WILLIAM CHEUNG cult for about 6 months also...nor did I buy his story of him being the HEIR to WING CHUN...and he got exposed big time by EMIN. Anywayz...sorry u can't make it...u're entry seems similar to what I've been trying to do...a kick fake groin kick and straight blast( boxing wise not chain punching ). Facinating. Guys...not to many peeps can show up at the GYM...this is unofficial BJJ no gi training...Neto who is the resident BB at YAMASAKI will charge u $15 a cover if he finds out. So not too many peeps please! If u guys want to do FULL CONTACT stuff then I recommend at CARL RUNK's karate skool on a SAT.

LEGEND
08-20-2002, 09:26 PM
Just let me know whass up...cause Ralek seems to want to spar only CMA guys...if that's the case I can have a standup session set up at carl runk's and u guys can play there! If it's a grappling session then it's at the GYM...yes...just wear t shirt and shorts.

Merryprankster
08-21-2002, 03:20 AM
Whoa! I didn't read it was Yamasaki... I'd better sit this one out.

I will just chalk it up to politics and leave it at that. I would be more comfortable not going. Yamasaki and Neto both know who I am (nice guys, no problems with them or any of the Yamasaki team.)

Ralek
08-22-2002, 03:57 AM
Carl Runks karate school sounds good. So when can we all go to Carl runks karate school then?

I really don't want to mess with the Yamasaki myself either. That could be dangerous. I'd rather cause trouble in a karate school or something like that.

We need to come up with a list of possible locations. We need a hard-core place to meet where blood and fighting is encouraged. Becuase in my last fight with Shaolin Tiger there was blood everywhere. It was getting all over the grass and shaolin tiger kept spitting great big gobs or red stuff out of his mouth and there was blood all over me. This kind of blood can get a school a bunch of blood stains.

If you have AIDS i do not want to fight you. Not after the bloody mess of the shoalin tiger fight.

Yamasaki and Neto sound really scarry. Maybe we should avoid them. Yamasaki might open a can of BJJ. Yamasaki Yamsaki Yamasaki!!!! Or he might open a can of judo. I heard that Yamasaki was a black belt in judo before he even started BJJ. But BJJ blue belts reguarly defeat judo people But yamasaki is a BJJ black belt so that is an extra added threat. BJJ combined with Judo.

So what day can you all meet? Give a specific day. And we can all try to find a day we can all meet.

I am an official ambassador of BJJ to other styles. Through my unselfish dedication to spreading the word of BJJ I've had a 100% success rate of converting every person i met over to the BJJ side. Soon no_know will be a BJJ person too. My main goal in life is to destroy kung fu.

mysteri
08-22-2002, 04:15 AM
(i've been lookin for this post for a while. i must be gettin old or somethin.)

anyway, i'm sorry, i didnt know that u posted a challenge/training session with me. but unfortunately, i'm gonna have to decline. first of all, i'm really not willin to travel a few hours out of my way for such a short confrontation(the challenger should always be willin to travel to meet the challenge). second of all, i'm don't spar very well at all! i don't do that silly-ass TKD/karate/kickboxing pattycake bullsh!t. u give me an arm or a leg, and i'm gonna break it then knock u out. u try to take me to the ground, u'll come up missin somethin. i'm REALLY not good at sparrin. i fight to hurt. but thanx for the invitation anyways.

HOWEVER, if u still chose to read what i've put and dismiss what i've said as bullsh!t, feel free to stop by my school any time ur in the virginia beach area and challenge me. u know my name and how to find me. otherwise, good luck w/ ur trainin and i hope it's truly substancial. regards.

RENEGADE_MONK
08-22-2002, 06:19 AM
I tried giving this thread a fair chance in spite of the originator, because this amounts to nothing but a bull lifting up its tail I've gonna close it