PDA

View Full Version : JOOK LUM SEMINAR Henry Poo Yee

B.P.Campbell
08-19-2002, 05:08 PM
The New Jersey Branch of Sifu Yee's Jook Lum will be hosting a training seminar on September 28, and 29 2002

Seminar will start with basics and end with advanced levels. Everyone is welcome and the Seminar is open to the public.

This is your chance to meet Sifu Yee and his students on the East Coast. If you have questions about Jook Lum or Sifu Yee, this is the place to ask Sifu Yee and students in person. All questions will be answered.

The training is very traditional, and will start Sept. 28 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm lunch break 12:30 to 2:00 PM
start after lunch at 2:00 Pm to 5:00 PM

2nd day Sept. 29 start at 9:00 am to 12:00 pm lunch break to 12:00 to 1:30PM and continue till 4:30

If you want to train in Jook Lum and you want to meet Sifu Henry Poo Yee, come and train with us.

Contact Mr. Russell Chell (609)588-6930 for more imformation

PLACE: HOPEWELL YMCA, IN PENNINGTON N.J.

redfist
08-19-2002, 06:28 PM
translated for purposes here,

respect your elders
respect your teacher
respect the teachings(system)
learn to be humble
learn to be loyal
before you learn kung fu

for those who practice nan tong long we try to live this code,
even right here on the internet,
before internets and telephones discussions took place in the presense of the other party,
who was usually armed.
people were compelled to be civil,
just like practicing a kung fu form,
imagine the person you are talking to is there,
try that as warrior training,thats the way our ancestors lived,

of course,everything to a point,

my first intention with every living being is to show respect,
"if they don`t move i don`t move".
if they choose to see my kindness as a weakness,
"if they move i arrive first".

i take no pride in anothers demise.

bong
08-19-2002, 06:30 PM
Its just a short drive from Maryland. so maybe
Jack can hook up with YET ANOTHER teacher.

redfist
08-19-2002, 06:35 PM
i`ve got to leave that one alone.

GeneChing
08-20-2002, 11:34 AM
Why don't you post it on our online calendar? It's a free service and if events are posted early enough (this one is too late) they'll be published in Kungfu Qigong Magazine.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/cgi-local/calendar.pl?month=September

B.P.Campbell
08-20-2002, 02:06 PM
I wasnt aware it wasnt listed. Sifu Yee mostly list upcoming seminars in the magazine, but I guess he didnt this time. Anyway the date changed in the past week and it would have been wrong anyway.

But thanks for the advice. The Seminars are very imformative, and most go away with an understanding of JL and Sifu Yee's ability to teach it.

Thanks again Gene

Bruce P. Campbell

GeneChing
08-21-2002, 12:41 PM
I have a listing for Sifu Poo Yee in Houston on Nov 11-14. Nothing else for Nov. The online calendar program is set up so that users have a Personal Identification Number and can make changes themselves.

B.P.Campbell
08-21-2002, 06:14 PM
Thanks I'll pass it on, but I dont no much about Sifu Yee's seminars except the ones I plan to go to. He dont come to the east coast much anymore, so if people want to train with him, they should try to make it to this Seminar.

Thanks Again

Bruce P. Campbell

B.P.Campbell
09-02-2002, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the interest, but people interested in the Sept Seminar in NJ should contact Russell Chell not me. Russell is hosting the seminar and would be glad to give you all the scoop on the Seminar.

His phone number is on this thread.

Thanks again

Bruce P. Campbell

redfist
09-06-2002, 04:45 PM
thanks for posting bruce,
great info for anyone interested in southren mantis.

redfist
09-09-2002, 04:46 PM
an example of some of the topics that will be covered beside
footwork,body posture and hand methods :

som bo gin,sup bat bin,sup bat mor kui and,siem kuen with
doi chong.

B.P.Campbell
09-13-2002, 02:16 PM
I am reaching you this way cause you said this is where you got the imformation about the seminar. I tryed your E-mail address and it dont work.
Attending one day would be fine, either day. I understand how some cant come for both days.

I think you will enjoy the training.

Contact Russell Chell he will give you the skinny on the Seminar.

Bruce P. Campbell

B.P.Campbell
09-22-2002, 01:00 AM
The Seminar with Sifu Yee is next weekend. People that are interested in the training Seminar do not have to sign up in advance. You can sign up at the door on Saturday or Sunday. If you cant make it both days, 1 day would be fine.

The location of the Seminar is easy to find and it is located on the main street of the town. Everyone in the local area knows where the YMCA is, and it should be easy to get directions if you get lost.

Looking forward on seeing you their

Bruce P. Campbell

B.P.Campbell
09-27-2002, 03:06 AM
I spoke with Russ and everything is set. Sifu Yee will be there for the Seminar on Saturday morning. If you are interested in meeting Sifu Yee or interested in his Jook Lum this is the place to experience both. Like I said before, he dont come to the East Coast much anymore, and most likely wont be back here for a year.

So this would be the time and place to have any questions answered about his form of Jook Lum.

Thank You
Bruce P. Campbell