PDA

View Full Version : different animals = different body types?

David Jamieson
08-19-2002, 06:53 PM
The animal styles are said by some to represent the different body types of humans.

With various animal styles proving more effective for some body types than others.

What do you think?

SifuAbel
08-19-2002, 07:56 PM
They also represent different strategies and attitudes.

denali
08-19-2002, 08:26 PM
Actually, different animal styles represent the different body types of animals. ;)

PHILBERT
08-19-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by denali
Actually, different animal styles represent the different body types of animals. ;)

But ya gotta consider body types for humans. My brother is 6'7" tall, I've read White Crane tends to be good for taller people. I have incredibly long arms, longer than people who are 4 inches taller than me, great for Wing Chun. Keep my arms out, keep attackers further away. One guy in my class, 4 inches taller than me and my arm is longer than his, another guy who is 6'6", our arms are about the same length, though I think he has me beat by about an inch.

Different body types are probably good for different animal systems, however I never thought of it too deeply.

Kristoffer
08-20-2002, 03:23 AM
hehe PHILBERT should do the Octopuss style :p

On subject-
The 5 animal forms basicly trains you different attributes. The five different animals, each with its own special character and emphasis represent, when combined an integrated whole: the active martial arts exponent. Training these will teach you not only techniques and it's applications, it also teach your body the correct way to move, form, stance etc. They are training tools that gives you strenght, speed, fluidness, chi, and a clear mind.