PDA

View Full Version : Danger Zone?

Cipher
08-20-2002, 08:53 AM
Does anyone know any thing about http://www.the-dangerzone.com/first.htm ? I am thinking about going Sep 15th and am curiouse what the word is about them. Any info out there?

fa_jing
08-20-2002, 09:05 AM
I don't know, but it looks cool.

Brad Souders
08-20-2002, 09:26 AM
Dan Severm and Becki Levi run one of the best MMA events today IMO. The Danger Zone has less rules than most MMA events and the fighters are always there to fight. I've worked in the back of two of their events gloving fighters and taking care of getting fighters in position to get into the cage. Also my cousin fought for them twice and was taken care of pretty well by Dan and Becki. Holy Hell if your close get your tickets you'll enjoy the show :)

Cipher
08-20-2002, 12:44 PM
Cool, I will definatly try to go.

What about fighting in one of their events. At the site it say they are a good place for amature fighters. What about someone whe has not fought in an event like that? You have to start some where:) I will go to watch in Sep.

SevenStar
08-20-2002, 05:15 PM
One of our guys fought in DZ - against Dan Severn. He lost, but look who he was fighting! That was his first pro fight too. The other guy from mentioned in the paragraph - johnathan, is not from our school, but my bjj instructor has a black belt in karate under johnathan's instructor, so I guess we are kind of affiliated.

"Dan Severn/Becky Levi Danger Zone Tournament - Ft. Smith, AR on September 18, 1999.

The Danger Zone was in Ft. Smith AR Sept. 18. A crowded Country 2000 was the venue for 21 Mixed Martial Arts fights including 3 professional bouts. Dan Severn defeated a 36-1 David Ferguson out of Memphis at a time of 8:36. The Beast ended the bout with a series of strikes, which resulted in Ferguson taping out. Jonathon Border who trains with Jeff Mullen won his match 20 seconds into the 3-minute overtime by a choke. He defeated Danny Dring’s student Matt Hamilton. Dennis Reed got a quick ankle lock on Joey Roberts.The match ended in 23 seconds. The defending lightweight Champion lost in the finals to Alex Ojeda. Brent Toon had a tough 2nd round win against Quincy Rice. That match took its toll on Toon for the finals. Mark Walker defended his title against Tom Jones. Walker solidified the victory in a choke at 2 :22. Cody Sosabee won the heavy weight division. He beat Chris Reicho with a choke 0:49 into the bout."

straight blast
08-20-2002, 07:36 PM
Mark Walker defended his title against Tom Jones.

My grandmother loves Tom Jones and has all his albums. Not only does he have the lead and know how to swing it, he's a MMA fighter. WOW!

Burning down the house! :D

SevenStar
08-20-2002, 08:32 PM
yeah, he's multi talented :D

SevenStar
08-22-2002, 09:01 AM
TTT, since I see cipher online.

Cipher
08-22-2002, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

It seems like the DZ is good beginer or pro fights, I don't know though maybe the Severn fights are the main pro matches they show.

I really want to go and see what their about. I never realized it until I started looking around but there seem to be a good amount of MMA tourneys in Indiana, witch suprises me very much. Now we just need to get some dang SanShou tourneys going:)

Do a lot of out of state people go to events like the DZ? I have not seen too many MMA schools here. Just individual places.

Brad Souders
08-22-2002, 09:32 AM
The two i was at almost all the peeps where from either Michigan,PA,Ohio,or other surronding states. Actually they had five tourneys and about 7 pro fights and i think only one guy was from IN.