PDA

View Full Version : fitness/weight program...thoughts?

TaoBoy
08-21-2002, 03:51 PM
I'm just starting back at the gym...

My goals are to increase my cardio fitness and to develop some upper body strength and of course to tone-up and put on some size.

The program I am looking at using is as follows:

Week 1
----------
upper body
cardio
lower body
cardio
upper body
cardio
rest

Week 2
---------
lower body
cardio
upper body
cardio
lower body
cardio
rest

Any thoughts?
Suggestions on a better mix?
What program do you use?

Cheers.

IronFist
08-21-2002, 05:26 PM
"upper body" doesn't really mean anything. What are you doing?

IronFist

TaoBoy
08-21-2002, 07:25 PM
IronFist,

I was being brief on purpose. Didn't want to write an extended post and bore everyone. And I have yet to define exactly what I should be doing.

As far as upper body goes - I guess I need to rotate through chest, biceps, triceps, shoulders and lats, abs, back.

For lower body - I guess hamstrings, calves, quads.

You thoughts are appreciated.

vingtsunstudent
08-21-2002, 08:20 PM
try dragondoor, check the discussion site for peoples workouts and also the articles section.
the kettlebell workouts are great, unfortunately being in oz you would have to substitute dumbells for KB's but i think you'll find they work just fine.
the best thing about this type of training is the variety you get, as in, it is up to how you feel as to how hard you may want to push on any given day.
the strength and cardio gains are awesome.
vts

Suntzu
08-26-2002, 12:11 PM
u might need to go ahead and bore us with the details... but off the top, if your tryin to get bigger u might wanna cut the cardio in the begining...

IronFist
08-26-2002, 12:21 PM
...or all together.

(if you want to get big as effeciently as possible, which includes sacrificing endurance.)

IronFist