PDA

View Full Version : Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kiu Sau

FIRE HAWK
08-21-2002, 08:36 PM
Kiu Sau in the HFY system is a level of training before learning Chi Sau. The primary focus is on learning to use the forearms to engage with an opponent before making wrist to wrist contact. Training begins with simple reaction to a stimulus from several angles/locations and then progresses into developing structure and skill.

There seems to be a connection between HFY Kiu Sau and Chi Sim Kiu Sau but it will take more time to ascertain the level of connection. This is very interested as both lineages' oral history state that their systems originated in the Weng Chun Tong of the Southern Shaolin Temple.

Interesting Iron Ox Southern Mantis uses Kiu sau too and i think Hung Gar does too i think I wonder what connection if there are any there would be between Iron Ox Southern Mantis Kiu Sau and Hung Fa Yi Wing Chuns Kiu Sau ?

OdderMensch
08-21-2002, 09:16 PM
Training begins with simple reaction to a stimulus from several angles/locations and then progresses into developing structure and skill.

sounds similar to the "progession" of chi sau, from single sticking hand, to "single hand, free hand" bridgeing finally to "chi sau"

is kui sau done from contact? or is an attack "thrown" at the student?

FIRE HAWK
08-21-2002, 09:24 PM
I forgot to put that Jeremy Passing_Through wrote the first two sections in the first post i just wrote where it starts with Iron Ox Southern Mantis .

John Weiland
08-21-2002, 09:42 PM
Hi Firehawk,

What is there in Hung Fa Yi Wing Chuns in outcome; i.e. in results? After spending your time looking for relationships and proofs of HFY theories, what have you gained personally, in terms of Wing Chun skills enhancement?

I'll take my answer on the air. :)

Regards,

Rolling_Hand
08-21-2002, 11:04 PM
Now, you're getting a little over heat under the sun and you've already posted so many topics on Hung Fa Yi. LOL, you must be the new Peter Pan!

Do you also know that you haven't given enough attention to other wing chun families like Yuan Kay Shan and Hendrik and Augustine Fong ?

Hopefully, Yoda Yoda and Hendrik will over look this one and leave you alone...

Take good care of yourself and have a sweet dream!

FIRE HAWK
08-21-2002, 11:35 PM
I posted questions about other Wing Chun familys in the past about Yuen Kay San Wing Chun , Gu Lao Pien San Wing Chun , wich Rene answered these questions months ago when i posted those topics , also i posted about Leung Shuengs Yip Man Wing Chun and about Nan Yang Wing Chun also I have been reading about the Moy Yat Yip Man Wing Chun wich i find interesting i also read and have posted about the books by K .T . Chao Secret Techniques of Wing Chun wich is Yip Man Wing Chun .Would you like me to ask a question about every branch of Wing Chun and have each one a separet post ?