PDA

View Full Version : NPM schools in LA?

toddbringewatt
08-21-2002, 11:17 PM
NPM schools in LA?

PaulLin
08-22-2002, 01:37 AM
Count maybe know some. I don't suggest you go to one of Shyun's kwoon, you won't learn any real things there.

count
08-22-2002, 05:56 AM
I answered your Hsing-I question in the Internal section. You should have mentioned you were interested in Mantis too. In that case, come by us first. Jason's Mantis is excellent.

yu shan
08-23-2002, 10:03 PM
TBW

See PaulLin, only after you have seen everyone else...

PaulLin
08-26-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by yu shan
TBW

See PaulLin, only after you have seen everyone else...

Are you talking about last Sat? I have not id you out, where were you that day?

There is an erro that disallow me to post new message:

parse error in /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/forum/newreply.php on line 162

yu shan
08-29-2002, 09:23 PM
PaulLin

Maybe a slight misunderstanding. Just telling this person to visit KF schools in the LA area, then meet with you. Kind of like saving the best for last!

Can you ask your Father about training with Shr Zheng Zhong of Tainan, Taiwan? I`ve been meaning to ask you this, there was some Eight-step sharing.

By the way, My friend Rick says your difficult to find in the park! You can send a pm on your schedule for training in the park, I`ll gladly relay to him. Thank you.

Tainan Mantis
08-30-2002, 02:39 AM
Yu Shan,
I already asked Shr Zhengzhong about Paul's dad, Lin Chinfu.
I'm sad to report that the name didn't ring a bell.

When Shr fu went to visit Paul Lin's grand teacher, Wei Hsiaotang, they had a little talk.

GM Wei said that it wouldn't be wise to learn the 8 Step Jai Yao since he already knew the Jai Yao forms of 7*, Mimen and Mei Hua. That works out to 19 Jai Yao forms.

Instead Shr fu learned the other remaining forms of 8 Step.

I think his purpose of visiting wasn't to learn the whole style since he was already full of styles, but to understand how the different styles were similar and different.

When you see your Shr fu John doing Lipi it is with a strong flavor of Mimen.
I have seen some hi caliber grand students of GM Wei in Tainan(though most are in Taibei).

Their flavor has more of Ba Gua & Tong Bei. It is very interesting to see how the same movements are done with a different type of Fa Jing.
The correct 8 step style has many of the same techniques, same names and forms even, but the fa Jing is different and unique.

My personal feeling is that it wouldn't be useful to master more than one type of Fa Jing for each move, although very useful to understand the difference- which is what your shr ye did.

hungy
09-03-2002, 06:54 AM
Wasup guys,

This is my first post on this forum but I have been reading what all of you guys have been writting. I study in the 7* Mantis style under sifu John Cheng who is a disciple of SiFu RAymond Fogg from Texas and also a student of SiGong Lee Kam Wing. We practice down in Aliso Viejo/ Laguna Niguel for all those in OC and LA. The good thing is we are moving 20 minutes closer to LA. We are opening up a studio in IRvine off Sand CAnyon if all goes well in the next couple of weeks. For those who wanted to check out some 7* mantis, come check us out on tuesdays and thursdays at 8. If you guys need more info email me and I will give you more details.

Stacey
09-03-2002, 11:15 AM
Grandmaster James Shyun of 8 step praying mantis teaches in LA

www.8step.com

I suggest that you visit everybody, try out a class and go where the environment suits you best.

everyone will say they are the best and that doesn't matter, listen to your gut and good luck.

there are no coincidences.

PaulLin
09-03-2002, 11:47 AM
Besure to check out the masters and grandmaster's background like a bank would when deciding the loans. Many fake masters out there has fraud records or false ducuments.

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaulLin
09-03-2002, 11:51 AM
Shr may has joined so called "Jio Kou Tuan" (Saving the Country Organization, if I translated form the words, don't know the official English name of this organization). My father has taught a little bit to that organization and my father remembered that Shr was in it, back in Taiwan, long ago. But I have to get the Chinese character of Shr's name to be 100% sure of this.

Tainanmantis, if you said that he learned 7* and other mantis already and not need to learn 8 step, it will not be Su YeZhang's case. He has all that too and still went to learn 8 step mantis. That should be a personal decision of what fits better to the individual.

GM Wei has learned ba jo, lang jie, shaio hu yien, before he learned 8 step form GM Feng. After he learned 8 step, he don't think it is necessary to save these, he choosed the one that he thought was the best for him to concentrate and focus on.

hungy
09-03-2002, 10:48 PM
i agree. check out the masters first. what paul said is correct... there are a lot of fakes. i ran into a lot before i found sifu chen.

PaulLin
09-04-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by hungy
i agree. check out the masters first. what paul said is correct... there are a lot of fakes. i ran into a lot before i found sifu chen.

Hey, I just saw a adv. of sifu John Chen over at the Irvine Ctr drive.

hungy
09-04-2002, 12:09 PM
hey pual. where on Irvine center dr? where did you see the ad? is it at one of those chinese restraunts? since you are so close paul maybe we can meet up sometimes.

PaulLin
09-04-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by hungy
hey pual. where on Irvine center dr? where did you see the ad? is it at one of those chinese restraunts? since you are so close paul maybe we can meet up sometimes.

Hey, that will be great! We sure can find out a way to meet some time. I found that ad in a cupon book, I am thinking of check it out. However, I don't really like the wu-shu liked post on that ad. Not sure if that is the same John Chen you were talking about. I don't have that ad with me now, can't tell you teh street # of it.

hungy
09-10-2002, 12:02 AM
that is a picture of him from his college days. When he went off to college he trained with the WuShu guys for fun. By then he has already put in like 8-10 years with Sifu Fogg. Not exactly sure. If you want more info just email me.