PDA

View Full Version : interested in choy lee fut

wingchunwsl
09-02-2001, 10:41 AM
to anyone practicing choy lee fut, i've been taking serious consideration if i should study this style- hung sing lineage.

i've visited the school but there was only one beginner student in that class so i didn't get to see much. i've called the sifu up and he said he i was welcome to check out the school again anytime.

i've asked this before but i still didn't get very clear answers... but how is choy lee fut like? i heard it's fighting stance is sort of like kickboxing... not sure though. will it take a long time to get into the more intermediate stuff? i'm not pi$ at wing chun but i've spent quite a lot of time and energy there and i feel i'm not progressing as i should.

lastly, has anyone heard of sifu ng fu hang? he's the sifu i'll be learning under if i decide to go under choy lee fut. any comments at all? thanks a lot people.

wingchunwsl
09-02-2001, 10:46 AM
are choy lee fut actions all forms? like self defense stuff such as: if he hits me, i do this and this and then this, etc?

or is it more like you do whatever you want to do?

Fu-Pow
09-03-2001, 12:00 AM
Its hard to describe a style in a short blurb. I'd check out some websites if you want a good description.

Fu-Pow

http://www.fongs-kungfu.de/assets/images/lionhead.gif

"Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu does not encourage its students to abuse or harm others with no reason. Nevertheless, in times when Kung Fu must be performed, Choy Lay Fut requires the student to change from a gentleman into a fierce and cold fighter."

-Lee Koon Hung,
CLF:The Dynamic Art of Fighting