PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Dummy for sale on E-bay UK !

stuartm
08-22-2002, 05:15 AM
Hi,

Saw this dummy for sale - looks OK to me, although the right arm looks a bit low ! Angles look fine and leg looks solid one-piece.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1850904943

Personally, im waiting for a Pagoda brand new one!

Stu

08-22-2002, 06:44 AM
It was the arms that put me off it - I thought the consensus was that they should be closer to parallel than that ?

Atleastimnotyou
08-22-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 12345
It was the arms that put me off it - I thought the consensus was that they should be closer to parallel than that ?

Parallel to the ground, not parallel to eachother.
Does look like a bad dummy though.

Beowulf
08-22-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Atleastimnotyou

Parallel to the ground, not parallel to eachother.
Does look like a bad dummy though.
I had to find out why Atleastimnotyou was responding to a UK dummy for sale. ;)

Whatever the "consensus" was, this dummy has, as Atleastimnotyou said, the correct arm positions.

Atleastimnotyou
08-22-2002, 09:43 AM
Well Beowulf,
I don't think i approved of this dummy in any way. In fact i wouldn't take that dummy if someone paid me. the arms are too far apart. and the body looks bad, as well as the leg.

Beowulf
08-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Well Beowulf,
I don't think i approved of this dummy in any way. In fact i wouldn't take that dummy if someone paid me. the arms are too far apart. and the body looks bad, as well as the leg. Hmmm. On second look, your comments on the arms may be right unless it's just perspective. The body and leg look fine to me. What's wrong with them. Not that it's relevent, but the current bid price is sure low.

Beowulf
08-22-2002, 02:27 PM
Well Beowulf,
I don't think i approved of this dummy in any way. In fact i wouldn't take that dummy if someone paid me. the arms are too far apart. and the body looks bad, as well as the leg.
Well, Atleastimnotyou,
I guess I stumper you, huh?
Too bad.

gnugear
08-22-2002, 03:10 PM
The spacing of those arms looks pretty messed up.

Looks like too much vertical space between them too.

IronFist
08-22-2002, 03:29 PM
First of all, the right (as you look at it) arm is in upside down in that pic. But even if they flipped it around, the arms would still be too far apart vertically.

Perhaps everyone should review my guide, How to tell if a wooden dummy is crap (v. 1) (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=14074)

IronFist

Atleastimnotyou
08-22-2002, 05:50 PM
boewulf,

It wasn't really a stumper, i just didn't feel like responding. I took the pic and lightened it up, the body looks crappy and rotten. Poorly put together. poor craftsmenship.

kungfu cowboy
08-22-2002, 06:32 PM
It looks like it was whittled out of a turd.

IronFist
08-22-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by kungfu cowboy
It looks like it was whittled out of a turd.

Hmmm. Yes.

IronFist