PDA

View Full Version : I bought Tai JI Classics!!!!!!!

dre_doggX
08-22-2002, 10:31 AM
Its cool I like it alot, I read the part about condensed breathing, it tells you how to channel qi into the bone marrow, energing the body, turning this qi into internal engery "Jing". I aslo got the book called Tai Ji Chin na its pretty cool to.

Nexus
08-22-2002, 10:59 AM
Dear dre_doggx

Tai Chi classics are a great way to learn the principles and methods of the old Masters. One very important thing to consider is that just because an old master said something was true does not mean that it is. As a TC practitioner and student of oriental medicine, I can assure you that there are many things that are just theories that people confuse with being actually 'truths.'

Remember that things such as Qi, Jing, Shen, Bone Marrow cleansing etc, are theories and methods, but are relative to the system of Chinese thought. Just because an ancient master or several ancient masters said that something was true does not make it so. We must learn to tell the difference between 'beliefs' and truths, otherwise we confuse the two and end up becoming attached to beliefs rather then seeing the underlying truths that they were derived from.

I encourage you to understand and discover what is true and what is merely a belief or a request for you to take something on faith. In doing so, the truths will become your truths, and the beliefs will not control you, because you will realize that they are only beliefs and not absolutely true.

Have fun with your practices!

dre_doggX
08-22-2002, 03:39 PM
I will consider that.

I will also post other things I find interesting on this forum as Iam reading.

peace

Nanking '28
08-22-2002, 07:20 PM
'bout time...
i know guys who live by that book...its really a great plunge into the philosophical underpinnings of taichi...

and the taiji chin na from yang jwing-ming is so much fun i couldnt put it down for weeks...kinda ****ed my girlfriend of though:p

got the tao te ching? i ching?

Walter Joyce
08-23-2002, 08:11 AM
Can you explain to me how you learn jin(g)s from a book?
Do you mean learn about, or actually learn the jin(g)?

Liokault
08-24-2002, 05:40 AM
just remember that it would have been translated into English which means that at best you are reading one guys version of the classics.

Repulsive Monkey
08-27-2002, 03:00 AM
Which Taiji classics is this book??? Who is the authour of it??? There are few books going around which claim to be Taiji classics which one is it???

dre_doggX
08-27-2002, 07:08 AM
Its translated by Waysun Liao

Repulsive Monkey
08-27-2002, 08:20 AM
Thank God you didn't say the Yang Jwing ming Taiji book that lists all the Jins (inncorrectly!!). Actually thats a bit too much but some of the Jin's he mentions in his book are inncorect by the way I understand things mainly his Zhe de Jin (Folding force). The way he explains it is very external more like Karate than Taiji, and nothing like how another teacher of mine, who was a student under Tian Zhao Ling, taught me.

Liokault
08-27-2002, 08:30 AM
But who is to say who is right? and does it matter?

Repulsive Monkey
08-27-2002, 08:56 AM
It matters because accuracy in teaching goes a long way, don't you think? Being taught something inncorrectly, like the classics say, makes it difficult later on down the track as the divergence from correct teachings gets lost behind. Surely Dan warns you against inncorrect teachings now doesn't he?