PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the pre-party?

MonkeySlap Too
08-22-2002, 10:53 AM
I'm occupied this weekend, so I'll be missing the gala 10 year KF-QG anniverary thing, but I was wondering who was going to the bar tomorrow?

It sounds like a good time, and I'm always willing to tip a beer or two to the sounds of sir run run shaw.

And Gene - What time does it start?

ewallace
08-22-2002, 11:01 AM
I'll be out in San Diego next week if anyone is having an After-party.

MonkeySlap Too
08-22-2002, 11:05 AM
Sorry man, thats like a seven hour drive....

@PLUGO
08-22-2002, 11:37 AM
I'll probably be around...

;)

GeneChing
08-22-2002, 02:15 PM
Wasn't it Bruce Lee who said the warm up is the most important part of your training... something like that.

I'm out of the office here at around 5:00PM, then it's over the San Mateo bridge to the Crown Plaza. I'll probably pick up some dinner beforehand. I beleive the agreement with the bar is that we start at 7:00PM. They have agreed to give us a few screens and if the party expands, more. I think they have like 21 screens and if we can take over them all, that would be really cool. We'll see. I'm not sure who will be in town by then. I'm bringing a bag of movies just in case. The bar shifts to a disco at around 9, so they may cut our sound (it's mostly subtitled anyway) then closes around 1:30 AM.

Hope to see you all there! Don't a bunch of you owe me drinks? :D

MonkeySlap Too
08-22-2002, 05:12 PM
Cool. I'm going to do my best to get down there. It'll be tough with the deadlines on Friday, so I'm making everyone work late tonight. :D

GGL
08-22-2002, 06:32 PM
I think my Sifu (Dave Pickens) is going to be there rep. the AAU..

MonkeySlap Too
08-22-2002, 07:55 PM
Cool, if he's in the bar there's a good chance he might remember me from Bolt's thing or one of the Columbus Ohio thangs.

He's a funny guy, so that would be cool!

I'm still waiting to see how work pans out.

GeneChing
08-23-2002, 09:50 AM
Yes, I konw he will be at the party Saturday but I'm not sure if the AAU group arrives early enough to come to our Friday warm up. I hope so. Dave is a good drinking warrior. We swapped stories over beers at Taiji Legacy.

That's what this warm up is really about - one of the greatest things about martial arts - stories over beers! Throw in a few MA movies in the background, and there you go!

Hope you make it monkeyslap too!

Bolt
08-23-2002, 09:56 AM
Awww ... regret, just can't quite make it even though it's only a short 18'ish hour drive.

Hope to hear good reports, maybe even vids, after-the-fact !

Water Dragon
08-23-2002, 10:30 AM
Don't forget to plug the Shuai Chiao list. I'd love to get Mr. Pickens online.

rubthebuddha
08-23-2002, 10:48 AM
shall be driving to olympia tonight, so i'll have my own little prefunk in the car for you guys. :)

no, not that kind of prefunk. i'm a lightweight, and one stout drink makes me silly.

nah, i'm thinkin LOTS of mt. dew and other sources of sugar. :D

GeneChing
08-23-2002, 12:04 PM
Well I hope that those of you who can't make it all have a tall one tonight and at least be with us in spirit. The KungfuMagazine forum here family is a big part of what we are celebrating. :cool:

rubthebuddha
08-23-2002, 12:40 PM
i'll pull over and chug a dew in your guys' honor at 7 p.m. :)

good luck gene!

KC Elbows
08-23-2002, 12:43 PM
Rabthebuddha and I will toast with the dew, a.k.a. skateboarder scotch.

Have fun everyone.

GeneChing
08-23-2002, 02:45 PM
red or green?

Thanks for the positive vibe. We'll hoist a pint and watch some KF movies in return!:D

GeneChing
09-09-2002, 11:27 AM
...but only a short breath.
The Pre-party was very enjoyable and I had to pop this baby up to the top since it relates to several topics we were chatting about at that time. For my long, public comments - check out our exine at http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=230

For my forum comments, read on. I showed Shaolin Soccer as promised, the unedited version, complete with goalie butt (see http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=15565). There were these two waitresses there, Salina & Naiya, very cute, cute enough for me to remember their names. I wasn't wearing tye-dye (actually I almost never wear tye-dye) I was wearing the 10 Year Anniversary Shirt - http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/kf10kt01.html. I tell you the combination of goalie butt and that shirt was a major chick magnet. They were getting all cozy on the coach, so much so that the manager came by to chew them out. They even asked me for my room number. I had to ward them off by nervously clinking my wedding ring on my beer glass. This is my hot tip for all you bachelors - get the 10 year anniversary shirt and Shaolin Soccer (unedited), and the babes will beat a path to your door.